What I Left Behind- Chapter 42

Chapter 42

Ethan's POV

"Stop it! I'm serious!" Blake squealed as I nibbled on her ear while my arms were wrapped around her waist.

"Nope." I replied causing her to squirm out of my arms giggling.

"You have to go get ready." She said tugging on the collar of my shit as she leant against my body.

"But that requires me being away from you... I don't like that idea." I said.

"Mhmm neither do I but you have to get ready. Not that you don't look incredibly hot right now, my boy needs to look extra nice tonight." She replied biting her lip.

I moved my thumb so that I separated her teeth from her lips, "Fine but I'm only going to be a half hour so if you're still getting ready then sucks because I'll be up here when I'm done." I said.

She smiled, "Deal. Now go." She said before giving me a kiss on my lips.

"Not yet..." I said bringing her lips back on mine and giving her a longer and more intimate kiss.

"Now. Before you make us real late." She replied breathlessly with her eyes closed.

I laughed, "Okay, I'll be back soon. Love you." I replied before kissing her one last time.

"Love you too." She said before I left the loft to my room.

I walked quickly to my room and grabbed clean clothes to wear tonight before I hopped in the shower. After showering and getting dressed I looked in the mirror one last time to get my own approval.

I was wearing jeans with a white button up long sleeved t-shirt. I nodded and didn't bother grabbing a jacket, as the walk from here to Blake's house was only a minute.

I left and looked at my phone as I walked back and saw that I killed thirty-five minutes total. Not bad Ethan.

I walked inside letting myself in and the smell from Rachel's cooking was really starting to spread throughout the house. It smelt absolutely incredible.

"Ethan is that you?" Rachel said from the kitchen.

"Sure is." I replied.

"Okay, just checking. I'll need to get used to this again." She said before laughing.

"Yeah, I guess you will!" I replied chuckling.

After Blake and I got from the lake yesterday, we came back to her house drenched and Rachel had instantly known that we were back together. What surprised me more than anything though was Blake's father. Had I known he had been there, I would have gone home and cleaned up but Blake didn't warn me.

He wasn't like those typical fathers that were mean as shit when you first go and meet them though. We talked about football, school, my future, and Blake. It seemed as if I had known this man for a while. He was actually really nice and it seemed like he approved of me, which would make today less awkward considering I've already met the guy.

We have yet to tell anyone else really, other than my parents and hers. Everyone else would most likely find out today due to the Thanksgiving dinner Rachel was hosting at her house that included her family, my family, Drew's family, and Charlie's. Michelle was expected to come too just not with her family as they already had their Thanksgiving meal and she wasn't much of a family person.

Monroe ran to me and started to claw at my legs. I bent down and played with him for a little before he ran away from me and headed to the kitchen with Rachel.