What I Left Behind- Chapter 3

***************This chapter is told in Blake's point of view and Ethan's point of view.  It describes how Blake's morning was and Ethan's in their viewpoints

Chapter 3 

 Blake's POV

I woke up in the morning with a big headache. My head was pounding so hard. I tried blocking out the sunlight with my pillow. I growled at how bad my head hurt. I looked down to see me in pajamas. Ethan must have tucked me into bed last night. 

 I forced myself out of bed and walked toward my lounge. Since I decided to have the loft a few years ago, I had the whole top level of my house that included a small kitchen, one big bathroom, a walk in closet, and couches all around. My loft was very modern. I had a window that overlooked the city of Auburn, which is my favorite and the reason why I chose it over the guest house.

I loved my loft. It felt so safe. 

After brushing my teeth and fixing my hair, I went and grabbed my phone off the charger. I saw that I had a text from Ethan, 

You alive?

I laughed and responded, 

Yes, about to get breakfast, come over if you want (: 

He responded a minute later, 

Heading out the door now 

I went downstairs to the kitchen to the smell of my mother's amazing cooking. 

 "Morning. Have fun last night?" She asked sitting on the kitchen table sipping her coffee.

"Yeah, I had a blast, you should have been there," I replied jokingly and winked at my mom. My mom chuckled. 

"You look like crap, I'm guessing you had a little too much fun, huh?" She said raising one eyebrow. 

"Last party of the summer mom, you go hard or go home." I responded. "Look's like you came home sweetheart." She responded laughing. 

The doorbell rang and I skipped out of the kitchen towards the door. I opened it to see Ethan.

"Oh wow, you look like shit." He said.

 I laughed, "Come on, I'm hungry and the sun isn't helping my hangover at all." I said blocking the sunlight from my eyes. We headed to the kitchen.

"Morning Ethan. You kids eat, I'm heading to the grocery store." My mom said before leaving the kitchen. I put myself a plate and sat down on the table. I looked up at Ethan as he sat down with no food in front of him. 

"And why aren't you eating?" I asked. This boy wasn't going to watch me eat and him not have any, what is he thinking? 

"I told you I'm going to IHOP around 12 with the team, but I'm not leaving here until you eat." He replied. I frowned, I hated how he went out with them, they cut the amount of time I had with him. Stupid boys. 

I ate a few pieces of bacon, eggs, and toast before I couldn't fit any more into my system. After I was finished eating, I turned to see Ethan with a small grin on his face, "What's going on with you?" I asked.

"Watching you eat is amusing," he said. Wow that's random, what a strange best friend I have. 

"Yeah? Watching you stare at me is amusing too. Actually quite freaky." I joked. 

He laughed, "What are you doing today?" He asked.

I thought about the day I had ahead of me. I wasn't doing much other than going for a run and working out, but he knew that so why did he ask?