What I Left Behind- Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Blake's POV~

I woke up to the summer sun beaming through my window. It's been a few days since Ethan and I went to the beach and our friendship has become closer and closer every day. I sat up, stretched and made my way to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.

I grabbed my cell to see that I had one new message.

Can't wait to see you later. What do you have planned today? 

I smiled and there goes those stupid butterflies soaring in the pit of my stomach. I quickly texted him back,

Me either. I keep procrastinating on getting stuff for my dorm so I'm getting my ass out of bed and doing that today. Join me? 

He responded a minute later, 

My pleasure Miss. Gray. I'll be over in a half hour and we'll go. 

I put my phone back on my nightstand and headed to the bathroom to take a shower. Once I finished, I went to my closet and grabbed a teal sundress that was casually cute for a summer day. I put it on and matched it with my not so fancy Steve Madden sandals.

I straightened my hair all within twenty-five minutes and headed downstairs to get some breakfast. I made a bagel and finished it right when Ethan came through the doors.

"You ready to go?" He said walking over at me.

I glanced at him briefly and felt a sly smile tugging at the edge of my lips. Why? I have no idea. Being around Ethan did this to me.

"Yep. Want anything to eat?" I asked as he leaned against the counter top beside me. He spun my chair around so that I was facing him.

"No thanks. I already ate." He said grinning. He brought his index finger so that it was wiping something from the side of my mouth. He must have been wiping the cream cheese from that bagel.

He chuckled and cleaned his hands with a napkin.

"You ready dork?" He asked pulling me up from the stool.

"Yeah, let's get going." I responded grabbing my wallet and leaving the house.

***************************************

"Gray and pink or gray and blue?" I asked looking at the comforters available.

"Hmm.. you're asking me?" He asked looking at them closely.

"Gray and blue." We both said at the same time.

I giggled. "Alright, looks like that's it." I said putting the comforter in the cart.

Ethan dragged the cart to the cashier. "I'll go get the car. Meet you outside." He said kissing my cheek before he left.

I paid for the stuff and met Ethan just as planned. We loaded the car and hopped in.

"You hungry?" He asked as he drove at ease on the road.

"Sort of." I responded feeling the blush that came easily now a days, spread across my cheeks.

"Let's go get lunch then." Ethan said driving to a restaurant with a smile spread across his face.

We pulled up to Spencer's Burger joint and got seated fairly quickly.

Ethan ordered for the both of us, him already knowing what I like from here. We ate and made small talk throughout the meal. Ethan asked for the check when I felt my phone buzz in my hand. I opened it and saw that I had a new text message from Charlie,