What I Left Behind- Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Ethan's POV

I woke up and felt my chest on top of something that I wasn't familiar of. I realized quickly that I was crushing Blake to death and quickly pushed off a little from her body. She whimpered a little and pulled on my arms, bringing me back to crushing her again. The girl was still sleeping yet she acted as if she were awake.

I didn't fight with her body. If we'd been like this all night, I wouldn't be hurting her now. I looked at her and brushed away a strand of her hair that was out of place. She looked absolutely gorgeous and peaceful. I kissed her nose being careful not to wake her.

After a few minutes I decided it was time to get up. My legs were draped over hers, making it easier for me to climb out. I did it slowly this time, making sure that she wouldn't be able to pull me down again.

I looked at the clock and realized that it was still quite early, it being just a quarter past nine. I went to my bathroom, thanking the college for assigning me to a hall where each room had their own bathroom. I hopped in the shower and brushed my teeth. I opened a drawer in the bathroom and pulled out my medicine. I popped a pill quickly in my mouth and got dressed.

After about ten minutes of being in the bathroom, I went to the closet and grabbed my shoes. Blake was still asleep it being nine thirty so I decided to go and get breakfast.

I kissed her forehead before I left and headed out. I went to a shop nearby the quad and bought bagels, a few drinks and pancakes to go. The food here was quite good so hopefully Blake wouldn't mind.

I left the shop and started walking back to the dorm.

"Ethan!" I heard someone say.

I turned around and saw Payson waving her hand at me. She was with Victoria Cooper who I knew from high school. I gave her a smile and started walking back before she was already by my side.

Great.

"Hey there, you seem in a rush." Payson said twirling her hair through her fingers.

"No actually, just trying to eat some breakfast." I said waving up the brown bag.

"You missed out last night with whatever you were doing. You should so come next time." She said biting her lip.

This girl couldn't be more desperate. If I were Drew, Payson would've probably been in my room right now but I'm not and I don't think anything of her. I don't think of anyone like that except for Blake. Girls cannot compete with Blake what's so ever.

"Listen Payson. You're a nice sweet girl but I have a girlfriend and I'd appreciate it if you'd stop whatever this is." I said being straightforward. If I didn't tell her now to back off, it would only get worst.

She glared at me and stopped twirling her hair. Her lips parted slightly before biting down on her lip, hard.

"What are you doing with her anyways Ethan? She doesn't even go here. She can't possibly give you what you want." She replied getting a little angry.

"And you know what I want?" I said as I stopped walking, wanting to face her to see what she had to say.

"Yes I do. And I could show you if you'd like.." She said before I interrupted her.

"Payson, I don't like you okay? I won't ever like you so get that through your head. I'm sorry but it's just not going to happen between us." I said firmly.

"If this is about your girlfriend Ethan... she doesn't have to know." She replied bringing her hand up so that it was resting on my arm.

I pulled her hand off of me with disgust, "Don't talk to me anymore Payson and don't you dare interfere with my personal life." I said angrily and walked away leaving her standing alone in the quad.