What I Left Behind- Chapter 6

Sorry for the delay! Hope you like it (:

Chapter 6

Ethan's POV

Blue. I'm pretty damn sure my fucking toes were blue. Blake was tucked under my chin with her face buried in my chest, away from the cold hitting her face.

"Never again are we listening to the two idiots." Drew said.

"It's not that bad! Once we're on the track, you'll barely feel it because you'll be numb. Stop being a bunch of babies." Michelle stated just as a few boys started walking towards us.

The hell. No. Who the hell?

"Hey. We're not late are we?" Wesley Drake said. Why the hell was he here?

I felt Blake shift in my arms to turn her head towards Wesley and his group of friends. What tools.

"Nope, you guys aren't late." Michelle stated.

"Hope you don't mind, I invited a few of my friends from Madison." Wesley replied.

Charlie looked the least bit of happy. I heard from Blake that they didn't really start out on a good foot.

"We're gonna go pay, see you guys on the track." Wesley said over his shoulder leading his group of friends to the pay booth. All eyes were on Michelle.

"Why are you all staring at me?" Michelle said stupidly.

"I wonder why that is captain obvious." Blake said leaving my arms.

"Seriously Michelle, why didn't you tell us you invited them?" Charlie said.

"Because of that reason exactly! If I told you that they were coming, then you guys wouldn't have. You were all miserable at Rachel's hooch fest. I was only trying to help." Michelle defended herself.

"By inviting them? Was that necessary?" Blake added.

"Okay I know you don't like them, but they're really fun. Just give them a chance." Michelle pleaded. I looked down at Blake who looked pissed.

"We're already here so there's no reason why we should let them scare us away." Drew said walking onto the track. Blake didn't say anything but tugged onto my sleeve pushing us forward to the track with Drew.

"Yay! You guys are gonna have an amazing time tonight, I promise!" Michelle stated excitedly.

"Whatever." I replied.

Once everyone was set into their karts, we waited for the instructors to let us go. Before the instructor even let his flag go down, signaling us to go and race, Blake sped off causing everyone else to chase after her. That damn cheater, always was up to trouble that girl. I chuckled as she cut off everyone not allowing them to pass by. I hit my foot on the gas at full speed as I worked my way around her.

"No way in hell are you getting past me!" Blake shouted over her shoulder giving me a huge smile.

I felt a big grin spread across my face but was quickly replaced with a frown as Wesley hit the back of my tires.

 "Come on Ethan. You're slower than my Nana Mary here!" Wesley shouted at me with a smirk on his face.

"That's why I'm in front of you, right?" I shouted back keeping my eyes on the back of Blake's kart.

"Not for long!" Wesley said trying to get past me.

Hell no. That boy was not getting beside me let alone in front if me. I moved in every direction he was going to block him off from passing by me. Only half a lap left. Blake was far ahead from all of us. Drew was behind Wesley, trying to do the same I was doing to Wesley but with Charlie.