What I Left Behind- Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Never in my life will I ever listen to Charlie again. My head was pounding and the fact that my blinds were wide open in my dorm was only making me feel worst. Charlie was passed out on her bed still dressed in her clothes from last night.

I could barely remember last night. The last I recall is of Charlie and I arriving at a Frat party. I took a few drinks that Charlie gave me and that is all I remember.

I groaned at my hangover, as it was only getting worst. I speed walked to my cabinet and took two pain relievers as fast as I could.  I decided to take a shower hoping that it would make me feel a little better. Unlike UVA, we had hall bathrooms. After my long shower I brushed my teeth, hating the bitter taste in my mouth.

I left the hall bathroom and went back to my dorm. I took a glance at the clock and realized that it was one thirty in the afternoon. Holy shit! I had loads of homework and I didn't even open up my backpack yet! I did my best to ignore the pounding sensation coming from my head, hoping it would ease up in the next few minutes. I grabbed my backpack, pulled my hair up in a bun and got quickly to work.

Charlie awoke around three and I was still working. I managed to finish one assignment in that hour. Only five more to go, I thought quietly.

Charlie yawned, "Ah. What time is it?" Charlie asked rubbing her eyes as she started to unfold herself from her covers.

"Three twenty." I said not looking up, too concentrated in my work.

"Oh I should get busy with that too. I'm going to take a shower first. Do you want me to get you something to eat as well?" Charlie asked grabbing clothes from her dresser.

"Yeah, the usual. Thanks." I said still focusing my concentration on my work.

"Yeah don't mention it and B, thanks for last night. I really needed it. You really made my night... especially with Jack." She said giggling.

That caught my attention immediately. What happened with Jack? I looked at her confusingly and she continued to laugh, ignoring my confused expression. She left the dorm and I decided to forget about it. It was most likely not anything bad if Charlie was laughing about it.

That afternoon went by fairly quick. I was studying and working on some homework all afternoon.

"You should give yourself a break B. It's five and you've been studying all day. At least go get some fresh air." Charlie said slamming her books. She's only been studying for an hour and a half so this was her way of trying to excuse herself from her schoolwork, trying to get me to take a break equaled her getting one too.

"No it's okay. Go get some fresh air for me though." I said winking at her as she left the dorm.

When she left, I realized that my day has been nothing but stressful. I've been studying non-stop so I felt that I did deserve a small break. I didn't want to go outside though. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, it being the beginning of October, but going outside meant socializing and I wasn't up for that at all.

I scanned around my floor to see where my phone was. I hadn't seen it all day so it couldn't be anywhere near me. I reached over to get my satchel that I wore yesterday when I went out with Charlie and searched it to see if my phone was in there. I grabbed what felt like my phone but was instead Charlie's. She must have put it in there and forgot to get it too this morning from my satchel. I pulled my phone up and hit the home button. It didn't turn on so I assumed it was dead. I put it on the charger as realization hit me.

Crap! I haven't talked to Ethan since last night. Holy shit he's gonna freak!  I waited impatiently on my bed biting my lip nervously, waiting for my phone to turn back on. I couldn't believe that I haven't spoken to him. I couldn't believe I forgot!