What I Left Behind- Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Blake's POV

That first week of getting settled in went by fairly quickly. I've spoken to Ethan every night for hours. The following week I had my classes and they went by without a hitch. I had two classes with Charlie and the rest with complete strangers, although I did make quite an amount of friends so I would say that it was an accomplishment.

It was Friday and I couldn't be happier than to have a break from my first two weeks of College. It had been fun but quite stressful. I was also planning on driving up to UVA to see Ethan, which only made me happier. He planned on taking me out tonight making me impatient for today to come.

"You sure you don't want to come?" Charlie asked.

"No I'm heading over to see Ethan today." I said smiling at the thought.

"Oh that's right. Okay well text me when you get there." She replied leaving the dorm.

I put on a salmon colored sundress and matched it with some cute sandals. I straightened my hair and put on a little eyeliner and mascara. Once finished, I grabbed my phone, wallet, and car keys and headed out.

I felt my phone buzz and checked it to see Ethan calling.

"Hello."  I answered.

"Hey, just checking to see if you left yet." He said causing me to break out in a big grin.

"Just now getting in my car. I'll be there soon." I replied hopping in my car.

"Okay, drive safe. I'll see you soon." He said.

I hung up the phone and turned the key in the ignition to turn on my car. I typed the address to my GPS and cruised away from the school.

I pulled up to a visitor-parking garage and was thankful that it was hidden from the student's parking lot.  By the look of driving through the campus, it seemed so preppy.

Once out of my car and walking, I unlocked my phone and dialed Ethan's number.

"You here?" He said immediately.

"Sure am although I'm not quite sure where to go... there are buildings everywhere and they all look the same." I said giggling.

He laughed over the line, "Where are you exactly?" He asked.

"Someplace where it says Rosetta fountains. There are a handful of girls and guys here." I said scamming the crowd of the preppy students. It was as if it were a fashion show here. Thank god I dressed the way I did.

"Okay, you're not far. Stay there and I'll come get you." He replied.

"Mhmm my man to the rescue. That's cute." I said.

"So are you, wearing your cute dress." He said making me look in front of me to see if he was there. Where was he?

I felt two arms wrap around my waist making me squeal. I felt someone's chin resting on my shoulder, kissing the side of my neck.

I closed my eyes enjoying the embrace that I knew was Ethan. His aroma was all around me making me feel comfort in my body.

I turned around and gave him a quick peck on the lips, "Missed you." He said as I pulled away.

"Missed you." I responded.

"Come, let me show you around." He said entwining our hands together as he led us down a path.

"And where are you taking me?" I asked curiously.

"Well first, I want to take you to see Drew because he's been nagging all day long about seeing you." He said chuckling.