What I Left Behind- Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Ethan's POV

The game just started and I was already nervous. Drew was starting today to see how he could handle the pressure of being one step closer to his dream. He was one lucky son of a bitch though. No freshman in College ever started their first year unless they were freaking Captain America.

I had faith that he would do well but I sure hoped that the cards were in his favor today.

I glanced behind me and scanned the bleachers filled with people and looked around for a little while until I saw spotted a bright orange shirt in the crowd. Everyone was wearing navy or purple due to the fact that people from UVA were to wear navy and people rooting for JMU were to wear purple. Blake was wearing Drew's bright orange jersey supporting him so I spotted her out easily. I looked at her and smiled as I saw her laughing at something Charlie said.

She took my breath away every time I glanced at her. With the stunt that she pulled today earlier at my room, I was more than excited to get back at her. I still couldn't believe that her and I were finally together. These past 3 months have been nothing but amazing. Although we have gone days without seeing each other, the thought of her being mine and only mine makes me the happiest man ever.

"Damn boy, can your eyes not close or something?" I heard someone from the team say.

I didn't realize that I've been staring for so long but I couldn't care less. I could stare at Blake all day long and not ever get bored or embarrassed about it.

I turned to face Nick who was standing beside me and turned his view to where I was looking, right at Blake.

"You're a lucky bastard you know." Nick said as he crossed his arms and stared at Blake.

I grinned at the comment, "Oh I know I am." I said happily. Just then Blake glanced over at me and smiled her perfect smile. She waved at me and started giggling.

Charlie whispered something in her ear, causing her to smile even more. She looked over at the girls and playfully smacked them. Must have been some girly sexual comment I guess. I chuckled and turned around.

"Aye man you ready?!" Drew said nudging me in the shoulder.

"Real question is, are you ready?" I asked directing my attention to him.

Drew grinned that cocky ass grin of his, "Been my whole life. Your girl looks hella good in orange doesn't she?" Drew said putting on his helmet before peeking up at Blake.

I smirked at him and he just laughed. "Get out there and kick ass Underwood." I said as I smacked his helmet.  

The game started and I could already feel myself being more and more nervous. I was assisting Coach Keeman, the offensive coordinator for UVA. He seemed so calm doing his job. He would yell and shout many times but it was nothing like Coach Moore back at Auburn high. Hopefully I'd be that calm and relaxed if and when I become the head coordinator.

It was almost the end of the first half and Drew was doing well for his first game. He hadn't made a touchdown yet but it was okay considering we were up by six with the field goals we've been able to make. I could tell Drew was getting frustrated because he kept itching his neck.

In the last thirty seconds, Drew managed to keep the lead, even though he didn't score yet. I wasn't worried because he had a full half coming later. It was halftime and I took one quick glance at Blake before heading into the locker room.

She smiled at me and I nodded before I left.

"Fuck man. I don't know what's gotten into me." Drew said coming into the locker room slamming his helmet on the floor, kneeling on the bench running his hands through his hair.