What I Left Behind- Chapter 37

I wanted you all to get a visual on how Blake's new look is so I upload a picture for you all on the side(: This chapter is one of my favorite chapters so I hope you all enjoy it as much as I wrote it.  

Chapter 37

Blake’s POV

 “Ugh, I can’t deal with that nasty airplane food. Talk about road kill.” Chase said as we got off the plane.

I giggled, “I know. That’s why I eat before I get on an airplane. Make sure to call your aunt and tell her we landed safe.” I told him.

“Yeah, I have to check on the siblings anyways.” He responded.

I smiled at him, last month Chase had given custody of his siblings to his aunt and uncle in Seattle so that he could finish his last year of college back here in Virginia like he wanted to. He didn’t have to play the father role anymore at his age and he could finally start to live his life.

After getting our bags from the baggage claim, Chase and I made our way out of the airport and got into the sedan that was waiting for us thanks to my organized freak of a mother.

“Okay so you’re staying with me until you go to Madison in two weeks.” I said restating his plans.

“Actually, I’ll be staying only for two days because I’m not living in the dorms, remember? I have my own house with a few guys so I’ll get out of your hair soon enough.” He said.

“Don’t talk like that. I’m more than happy with you being all caught up in my hair, you know.” I said before nudging him in his stomach.

He chuckled, “It sucks though that you won’t be at JMU this year. I don’t know how I’m going to live without you crazy girl.”

“You’ll manage, but I wont.” I said honestly.

I was late to apply for the fall semester at Madison so I was stuck attending the University of Virginia as I just made the deadline for applying. I was disappointed Chase and I were going to be separated but I had to get on my own two feet again.

After about a twenty-minute drive, the sedan pulled up on a familiar road and I let out a real, genuine smile.

It felt so right to be back here.

We pulled up into the cul-de-sac and the sedan stopped right outside my house.

“Wow. I should’ve know that Blake Gray wouldn’t ever downsize. Like damn girl. Your mama and daddy don’t play when it comes to living.” Chase said as we got out the car.

I giggled before I looked up to the house next to mine. I noticed Ethan’s car was parked in the driveway and I immediately felt butterflies soar in my stomach.

I felt my cheeks become red and I immediately looked away from his house.

“I’m assuming that your boy lives in that house, no?” Chase asked.

I looked at him and nodded. He knew so much about me it was almost as much as Drew did.

“Let’s get our bags and head on inside.” I told him grabbing our large suitcases from the trunk.

I went up to the door and rang the doorbell. I didn’t have my key so I waited until someone on the other side answered it.

A familiar face appeared at the door as my mom’s boyfriend Rick greeted me.

“Hi Rick, my mom home?” I said giving him a small smile. He was a nice handsome man but I was anxious to see my mom.

“She’s in the kitchen. Welcome home.” He said smiling at me.