Evan's Sickness

Chapter 7 Evan's Sickness

Jonathan was sitting at a free clinic. It was a clinic listed of doctors who volunteer during their free time to treat patients who can't afford to go to a regular hospital or get a doctors appointment. It was slightly crowded but they managed to get a sign in for 30 minutes. Jonathan was nervous as he held a much calmer Evan in his hands.

He was nervous about Luke coming over because he was afraid of his reaction. He considers Luke as his very big bulky older brother. Dially sat next to him rubbing his arm in comfort knowing everything he had been through the last two months. Loud footsteps were coming towards them and a person came through the doors.

Brown eyes immediately settled on Jonathan's tired blue eyes and Luke made his way to Jonathan. He quickly punched him in the arm making Jonathan wince in slight pain. Dially gently took Evan in her arms as Jonathan rubbed his arm in pain.

"Don't you fucking ever pull the shit you pulled do you hear me," Luke hissed in anger making Jonathan nod his head.

"Don't you know how worried I was for you," Luke said as he pulled Jonathan in for a hug.

"M'sorry Luke," Jonathan mumbled enjoying the warm feeling he got from his close friend.

"Evan Dennis?," a nurse called out making Jonathan and Dially stand up.

"Come and follow me and we'll get you started," the nurse said as the three followed them.

"Now it says here his temperature was at 100.5 when you took it," the nurse said as she took out a thermometer.

"Yeah it was," Jonathan said as he carefully watched as the nurse did her work.

"Seems like it went down which is good," the nurse said as the temperature read a 99.6.

"Alright give him to me and I'll weigh him," the nurse said and Dially handed her over.

The nurse then did everything before sending them off to a room. Jonathan sat on the bed trying to coo Evan back to sleep. Dially and Luke were having a quiet conversation before a blue haired women came to the room.

"Hello my name is Doctor Blue, I work at the Hospice Hospital just a couple blocks from here," Blue said as she came walking in with Evan's file.

"It seems Evan just had developed a small bug. With him being only two months old have you gotten any shots for him," Blue asked.

"I came here for DTaP, Hepatitis B, Hib, PCV, Polio, and just recently RV," Jonathan answered and she hums.

"If he just got RV recently than I suspect it might just be it taking affect. I'm going to prescribe Evan some antibiotics which can go in his bottle. He'll need 5mL every time he eats alright," Doctor Blue said as she wrote down a prescription.

"Thank you Doctor," Jonathan asked finally feeling relieved.

"You don't mind checking up on Jonathan," Luke whispered to Blue and she chuckles.

"And how are you Jonathan," Blue asked making him raise his eyebrow.

"I've been doing the best that I can," Jonathan said.

"Have you been eating well you look skinnier since the last time I saw you," Blue said which caught the attention of Dially and Luke.

"Ahh I've been cutting down on some meals to feed Evan," Jonathan said starting to feel uncomfortable with the stares.

"Jonathan," Blue said seriously making him sigh.

"I eat barely once a day to none. Evan is more important to living than I am," Jonathan said in defense.

"And who is going to be taking care of Evan when you drop dead from hunger or exhaustion. Jonathan that's it you are moving in with me," Luke said making Jonathan shake.

"I can't do that to you," Jonathan said making Luke glare at him.

"It doesn't matter we are going to my house after this and then getting your stuff the next day," Luke said making Jonathan smile softly.

"Now if you guys excuse me I have other patients to attend to," Blue said as he handed Jonathan the prescription and handed Luke a small piece of paper.

Luke stared in shock as Jonathan and Dially giggled at his cluelessness.

So how long has it been. I can already see people saying too long XD. I've seen many authors include their characters at the end as you know back and forth banter. Would you mind if I do that. It's just a suggestion haha

Also Blue is ishaboi_blue so give her a follow and read her fantastic books. She deserves all the love 💖💖💖

Anyways with lots of love 💛

Dially

Brofish 👊🐟