New Job

Chapter 16 New Job

"I don't know if I can do this Luke," Jonathan said fixing his tie for what seemed to be like the thousandth time.

"Come on Jonathan this is the chance you've been waiting for," Luke said.

"Yeah because the last time went so great," Jonathan mumbled.

"What happened at the building was just a crime against humanity," Luke said.

Jonathan and Luke were currently in the bathroom of a building that was looking to hire a worker who can help with construction. Since Jonathan worked at a construction site before, Luke said that it would be easy to get this job. Jonathan on the other hand was extremely nervous.

"But what about Evan he needs me home," Jonathan said making Luke roll his eyes.

And apparently Jonathan was going through his fifth trimester even though he was a man.

"Blue is taking care of him during her maternity leave. She wants some practice for when our son is born," Luke said.

"Yeah but," Jonathan said still doubting himself.

"Jonathan you have gone a couple of months without a job," Luke started, "You have to get your life back together and provide for Evan without my help."

"I know I know," Jonathan mumbled as he saw himself in the mirror.

Jonathan over the year he had Evan he knew he had developed some form of depression. It wasn't anything major as he didn't feel suicidal and such but he knew that if he was left alone there was nothing that could stop him from doing stupid things. He knew getting a job would be a step towards living by himself with Evan; which honestly scared him.

"It's only an interview," Luke said trying to comfort him, "if it doesn't work out then it doesn't and we'll look somewhere else."

"Alright I'll be back," Jonathan said leaving the bathroom and headed towards the interview.

There was cheers and celebration later on that day.

Sometimes the small things are important to share. Jonathan is having his life turn around! Only time can tell if this happiness will stay with him.

With lots of love 💛

Dially

Brofish 👊🐟

Ps have you figured out what's going on ;)