Inner Battles

Chapter 31 Inner Battles

It was a month after Jonathan took the DNA test and any minute he would be called to go into court. But during that month was hard for him to cope with. The first two weeks after the court date had Jonathan in turmoil. There was a possibility that he wasn't Evan's father. It scared him that he wouldn't have any rights for Evan and he would have been taken away from him. He felt so ashamed that he couldn't even look at Evan without realizing he could have been another man's kid.

It filled him with so much sorrow that he wanted to shut out the whole world. Which he did. He barely talked to anyone just following his life like a book. Drop off Evan, Go to work, Pick up Evan, and then stay at home and mope. He barely even acknowledged Evan, only when he fed him. He even stopped feeding himself during this depression. Luke had finally snapped him out of it when he went to his work on Saturday afternoon.

"Yo Jonathan," Luke said marching straight up to him.

"What do you want Luke," Jonathan said but then was knocked to the floor.

The building was shocked as they had watched Luke punch Jonathan. Of course Jonathan talked about Luke and they had welcomed him whenever he entered the building. Seeing him punch Jonathan was such an eye opening for them. Jonathan could only stare at Luke with shock on why he was punched. He didn't do anything to deserve such a hit. But the heated glare Luke had gave him told him other wise.

"What the fuck Luke," Jonathan said getting over from the shock.

"Listen here you fuck. We are going to talk about this privately or do you want your coworkers to know about this," Luke said as Jonathan glared at him.

Jonathan motioned Luke to follow him and they entered a private room. Jonathan crossed his arms and continued to glare at Luke as his cheek throbbed in pain.

"Don't you fucking glare at me you deserved the punch," Luke said.

"Why I didn't fucking do anything," Jonathan said.

"Exactly You didn't do anything," Luke said which made Jonathan confused.

"What the fuck are you talking about," Jonathan said.

"You neglected Evan the last couple of weeks. He told us how he missed you even though you're with him. He says you aren't the same and you ignore him every time he tries to be with you," Luke said making Jonathan feel guilty.

"Fuck I don't mean too like the whole revelation with Gina and me not being Evan's actual father it's mine blowing," Jonathan said.

"Gina hasn't proved you aren't the father yet and if you aren't does it even fucking matter. Evan sees you as his father not some bloke she randomly fucked behind your back. Man up Jonathan. Don't let Gina fucking take this amazing child away," Luke said.

"Fuck you're right Luke.... If I might not be the father but since my name is on the birth certificate I still have the chance to keep him," Jonathan said.

"The go fucking home and make sure to show Evan how much you fucking mean to him," Luke said as Jonathan sprinted out the room.

That night he and Evan had spent it watching movies and basically just doing whatever Evan had wanted to do. He had to make it up to Evan because it was only a matter of time where the final decision would be made.

One more chapter left! It's just shocking that this has to be one of the fastest book I've ever written.

With lots of love 💛

Dially

Brofish 👊🐟