Enjoying Life

Chapter 22 Enjoying Life

Jonathan was relaxing on the couch watching whatever was on tv. He really didn't care much since it was a Sunday. He just needed to keep an eye on Evan which wasn't so hard to do. How much trouble could a three year old cause? With the thought in mind he looked over towards the table on where he last saw Evan. He was still there coloring on a blank piece of paper.

"Well it isn't blank anymore," Jonathan thought as his eyes flickered back on the tv.

Yes the tv that he's supposed to be watching. To keep his mind off life for a while and relax on the couch. But no matter how hard Jonathan tried life seemed to just crawl it's way back into his mind. He couldn't blame himself really. Life just always seemed to be knocking on his door always expecting him to answer and handle whatever life had planned for him.

Thinking back now the last three years of his life has been nothing but a roller coaster rides. It had its up and downs; even moments where he felt like nothing ever really happens. His greatest up in life had been Evan. He couldn't see his life without the small ball of sunshine. It felt wrong even thinking about life without Evan.

Evan, his pride and joy, was extremely smart for a three year old. He understood things he wasn't supposed to at his age. It still surprises Jonathan whenever Evan says something. It makes Jonathan wonder if Evan understood that he didn't have a mother or maybe he truly believed his child hood friend was his mother and that she was very busy and couldn't see him often. Jonathan ever wondered if Gina would come back to him.

Gina... a name he hasn't thought about in a while. It really brought him sadness at how wonderful a family they could have been if she had just stuck around. A part of him didn't blame her for leaving. She was going through a rough time in her life and she might have accidentally killed Evan in her depression. When everyone found out she left they kept telling him that it was good that she did, that she would have made a terrible mother, or some other reason to cheer up. But he couldn't really see it.

It was his first love, his wife, the mother of his child. He couldn't really put her in a bad picture no matter how hard he tried. Which is why it left him in such a depressed state. If everything he said about her was true then why did she leave him.

"Daddy," a small voice called out to him snapping Jonathan out of his thoughts.

"What is it Evan," Jonathan said as Evan held something behind his back.

"I made you a picture," Evan said and took out the piece of paper he had been drawing on moments ago.

Jonathan took the papers hesitantly out of Evan's hand and looked at it. The top was written out Famile, he wondered if one of his friends took the time to teach Evan how to write. There was theee people in the picture from what Jonathan could tell. It was him, Evan, and what seemed to be like Dially. Under each person was the words Dadde, Me, and Momme.

"Who taught you how to write Evan," Jonathan asked softly.

"Mommy did she said it make me smart," Evan said happily as he crawled into Jonathan's lap.

"Do you like it," Evan said looking up at Jonathan with hopeful eyes.

"I love it Evan. This goes on the fridge," Jonathan said picked up Evan and sticking the picture on the fridge.

"Yay I go down," Evan said and Jonathan placed him back on the floor.

Jonathan watched as Evan crawled back on the sofa changing the channel to whatever kid show was on. Looking back at the picture he couldn't help but wonder if Evan would have drawn Gina instead of Dially.

Evan is growing up so fast ;-;. Also shout out to the two people who figured out my hint! I'll say it again

Hint: the secret to this book has to do with the chapters name.

I wish you good luck on figuring it out!

With lots of love 💛

Dially

Brofish 👊🐟