Help is Needed

Chapter 6 Help is Needed

It was already 2 months since Gina had left the duo. Jonathan had to sell the house in order to have some cash. He then packed whatever he could in two suitcase and stash them in his car. He had a yard sale on selling most of his furniture. The apartment he was going to rent from now on said that they would provide him the furniture he needed. He also kept the stuffed owl which was packed in a box labeled Evan's.

He was sad to see most of the things he owned go to a random stranger that he's never met before but he needs to do this. He needs to do this for Evan. Luke had come over once during the yard sale and questioned Jonathan over his decision.

"Gina wants to get new stuff because she said the old ones weren't good enough," Jonathan's excuse was which Luke partially bought; not like he was ever going to tell Jonathan that.

Jonathan went to his work the following Monday and quit his job. His boss asked why but Jonathan gave him the response that Gina wants him working somewhere close to home so she could visit with Evan at times. His coworkers wished him luck while Luke just slightly glared at Jonathan as he walked away.

Jonathan found a real estate agent who was willing to sell his house. He then found a nice cheap apartment and moved into it two weeks later. His house sold for $275,000 which he got 75,000 dollars profit. He then had to pay off the bills that Gina had created whenever she went on a shopping spree along with hospital bills. In the end he had 5,000 dollars left.

Jonathan then had to get a job that would allow him to take Evan with him. There weren't many job opportunities that he liked or would have supported them both. He had stopped talking to Luke a month since everything happened. He kept asking questions about why he did the things he did and he finally got annoyed from it.

"Flap a wing my child and let yourself go," Jonathan sang trying to make Evan stop crying.

Evan had woken up at night crying in distress. Jonathan had tried everything to put him back to sleep. He changed his diaper, tried to give him a bottle, and now trying to rock him back to sleep and give him comfort.

"Evan please stop crying," Jonathan begged but it fell on deaf ears as Evan continued to cry.

Finally giving up he took out his phone and dialed a number. It only rang twice before the person from the other side had picked up.

"Jonathan it's 3 am," Dially answered as she rubbed her eyes.

"I know but I need some help," Jonathan said tiredly which slightly woke her up more.

"What's wrong," she asked and Jonathan let out a sob.

"Gina left me two months ago and I've been fine but Evan won't stop crying and I've done everything I could do but he just won't shut up," Jonathan said now completely waking her up.

"Jonathan calm down take some deep breathes don't do anything harsh," Dially said as she got her coat, keys, and her purse.

"I'm coming over for now just keep doing what your doing," she said.

"I moved by the way," Jonathan said and she slightly cursed.

"Alright text me the location bye," Dially said and promptly ended the call.

Jonathan messaged her the address and kept trying to comfort Evan the best he could. Evan just kept on crying and crying obviously uncomfortable with what he was dealing with. It wasn't until ten minutes later he heard a knock on the door. Jonathan got up and opened the door to let Dially in.

"Let me see him," Dially said and Jonathan handed him over.

"Awww the poor boy is sick. His head is burning," Dially said as she took out a thermometer from her purse.

She placed the machine in his ear and took his temperature.

"Yeah 100.5. We should see the doctor on this," Dially said making Jonathan's eyes widen.

"I can't afford to take Evan to the doctors," Jonathan said and Dially just handed him his phone.

"You know he's willing to do anything for you," Dially said and Jonathan looked at his phone.

"You're right," Jonathan said as he unlocked his phone.

He went to his contacts and found the name he was looking for. He hit call and didn't have to wait long before he picked up.

"Jon?"

"Hey Luke I need some help."

Yes two months. You see it's just going to be some turning points in Jonathan's life and how he handles them. Clearly he's in over his head. Haha

With lots of love 💛

Dially

Brofish 👊🐟

Merry Christmas ❤💚❤💚