Nothing stays the same

Chapter 3 Nothing stays the same

Jonathan went to work the next day. He worked for a construction company who let him have time off to be with Gina. He put on his work clothes; which consisted of plain light blue jeans, a white shirt, and work boots. He put on his yellow hard hat and he kissed Gina's cheek just before he left. Luke picked him up and they drove to the construction site.

Jonathan didn't come home until 6 at night. Jonathan loved working the long shifts. The more he worked the more he could provide for his growing family. Gina would have dinner ready for him by the time he came home. When he came home he would greet her and place a kiss on her head. This would be their routine for the next couple of days.

But Jonathan noticed something about Gina every time he would leave and come home. She would get more defensive about the things she did. She would get moodier than usual. He thought that her mood changes would have stopped after she gave birth but they only have increased since then. Every time he tried to get her to talk about it; it was a night on the couch.

Jonathan then noticed that Gina slowly started to distant herself. She would shy away from kisses and she would try and dodge the hugs. Jonathan was slowly watch the life from her eyes drain away into hard cold stares. But Jonathan didn't really care, as long as she would stay with him it's all that really mattered.

Gina one day went to the doctors as she noticed how distant she felt with Jonathan. She had these strange feelings about herself. She felt trapped; held down by the responsibility of taking care of her own son and guilt. She knew it wasn't normal. She waited patiently in the doctors office with Evan in her hands.

"Mrs. Dennis what brings you here," Doctor Cartmen asked as he checked her vitals.

"I don't know I feel like there's something wrong with me," Gina said as he nod her head.

"Is it physically wrong with you or mentally," Cartmen asked.

"I guess mentally. I feel like I'm being trapped, dragged down into a hole that I can't escape," Gina said as Cartmen finished taking her vitals.

"I can't say this for myself since I'm not in the medical field but I think you might have a type of depression called Postpartum depression," Cartmen said shocking Gina.

"I suggest going to this Psychiatrist and maybe they can give you a deeper explanation. They allow walk ins because they don't want anything bad happen to people," Cartmen said handing her a card.

"Alright thank you Doctor Cartmen," Gina said as she walked out with Evan.

"So what did he say," Michelle asked as they both walked out of the doctor's office.

"Would you mind taking me somewhere else," Gina asked as Michelle unlocked the car.

"Yeah sure where," Michelle asked and Gina gave her the card.

"Oh yeah I also go to Doctor Peterson whenever I have problems," Michelle said and Gina looked at her weirdly.

"What do you talk about," Gina asked her.

"Why are so many people rude to me when I'm so pretty," Michelle said and Gina just wanted to face palm herself.

"Yeah I wonder why," Gina said sarcastically as she buckled in Evan.

"Exactly it's so strange," Michelle said as Gina she entered the car herself.

"Let's just go," Gina said and Michelle drove from the doctor's office.

It wasn't long until they reached the new place. Gina looked at the sign that was at the front of the entrance.

Mental Health Facility.