Sudden Changes

Chapter 27 Sudden Changes

"Happy Birthday Evan," Jonathan said happily when he placed pancakes in front of him.

"Thanks daddy," Evan said happily shoving some into his mouth.

Evan is turning 5 today and it was going to be special. Jonathan had invited all of his friends, technically family at this point, and they were going to have a small party at Luke's house as he had a backyard. He and Dially were going to set up everything while Jonathan just kept Evan occupied for the morning until it was time.

"What do you want Do today birthday boy," Jonathan said eating a plate of his own pancakes.

"I wanna see uncle Luke," Evan said with a mouth full of pancakes.

"We will see him at lunch time alright. Right now it's us time," Jonathan said.

"Okay Daddy," Evan said finishing his plate.

Jonathan finished his and placed them in the sink. He picked up Evan and quickly took him a bath. He managed to take one himself as Evan decided that it would be the best time to play with the water and soak him completely. Quickly changing Evan into his party clothes and then himself; they both sat down and watched some tv. Jonathan enjoyed this moment with Evan knowing that this won't last forever.

Time had went by pretty fast, much to Jonathan's distaste, as he got a message from Luke saying the party was set up and the guest had arrived.

"Alright let's go see Uncle Luke," Jonathan said picking up Evan.

"Yay," Evan said happily as he was buckled into his seat.

The ride to Luke's house was filled with two people singing. Jonathan really didn't care that he couldn't sing and his son didn't either. When they got to Luke's house they were both thirsty but still excited.

"Uncle Luke I'm here," Evan said as he went through the front door.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY," Everybody said making Evan smile.

"Tyler, Brian, Brock, Craig Yay," Evan said happily going this friends.

"You're 5," Craig said holding out his hand.

"Yeah," Evan said and they went off to play.

"Hey Jonathan," Dially said as she hugged him.

"Hey Dially," Jonathan said returning the hug.

"You guys did amazing," Jonathan said looking at all of the decorations.

"Anything for my nephew," Luke said taking a sip of the punch.

"Hey Marcel and Simone," Jonathan said greeting the two.

"Hey thanks for inviting us," Simone said shaking his hand.

"Not as cool as my parties," Marcel said making Jonathan roll his eyes.

"Whatever you say," Jonathan said as Marcel punched his arm.

"Great party," David said going to them with Jaclyn and Lui.

"Thanks for coming," Jonathan said and Dially whispered something to Luke making him frown.

"Hold on I have to do something," Luke said excusing himself from the group.

"Sorry your parents couldn't make it," Bryce said as she pushed her hair behind her ear.

"But where here," Ryan said making Jonathan smile.

"He's not here," Luke's loud voice said catching everyone but the children's attention.

"I know he's here Luke why else do you have balloons here," a soft voice said and Jonathan's heart nearly stopped.

"Because I'm throwing a party for myself," Luke said as Jonathan made past everyone.

He got inside and his eyes widen at who he saw at the door. Just as if she had never left; there stood Gina just as beautiful as he remembered.

"Gina," Jonathan said and she looks towards him.

"Jonathan," Gina said relieved.

Jonathan didn't know what to say. Should he go to her and hug her. Tell her how much he missed her. Or just slam the door at her face and leave her just like she left him. How was he going to explain to Evan about her.

"Daddy Daddy why are you not outside," Evan said as he came into the house.

Fuck.

I'm sad to say this book is ending soon. I know it's so sad D: there's about 5 chapters left to this amazing book and I'm glad that you came along with me this far.

With lots of love 💛

Dially

Brofish 👊🐟