Even Adults Need Shots

Chapter 10 Even Adults Need Shots

It's been two months since Jonathan has decided to stay with Luke. He finally filed out insurance for himself, with the help of Luke. Currently the duo were at a real doctors office, more importantly they were in Doctor Blue's office. She was currently giving Evan his check up as he was due a doctors appointment. Evan sat happily in Jonathan's arms babbling to no one in particular.

"Evan is perfectly fine and healthy," Blue said as she placed the folder down on the table.

"Oh that's good to hear," Jonathan said as he looked down at Evan.

"The only thing is that he's teething at the moment," Blue said as she took out a teether.

"How can you tell," Jonathan said as she handed the teether to Evan.

Evan looked at the strange toy in his hand and placed it in his mouth to bite on it the best he could. Jonathan laughed at the sight his own question being answered.

"Babies usually start teething around 4 months and I always keep a teether around to see what they would do," she said as she started to write somethings down.

"Is there anything else I should know," Jonathan asked and she sighed.

"That I hope you can find a way to keep Evan calm because it's time for shots," she said as she left the room.

"This is gonna be a disaster," Luke said in a certain way making Jonathan smirk.

"I knew you watched Suite Life of Zach and Cody," Jonathan said snidely making Luke hit him in the back of the head.

"And you're the dumbass who knows the reference," Luke said as Blue came back in with 5 shots.

"Alright we have here DTaP, Hib,PCV, Polio, and RV," she said as he held one in her hand.

"I'm sorry for this Evan," Blue said as she entered the first shot in.

Evan bursted out into tears as the needled entered his skin. As soon as the first shot in, the rest were put in. Blue put a bandaid over every shot she made but no matter how soft she was it didn't calm Evan down.

"Uh Jonathan can't you calm him down," Luke said putting his hands to his ears.

"Alright alright," Jonathan said before taking a deep breath.

"Ooh, love, no one's ever gonna hurt you, love," Jonathan sang softly.

"I'm gonna give you all of my love. Nobody matters like you," he continued to sing.

"Your life ain't gon' be nothing like my life," Jonathan sang turning Evan towards him.

"You're gonna grow and have a good life," Jonathan sang poking his nose and Evan started to calm down.

"I'm gonna do what I've got to do," Jonathan sang.

"So, rockabye baby, rockabye," Jonathan sang rocking Evan side to side.

"I'm gonna rock you," Jonathan sang.

"Rockabye baby, don't you cry," Jonathan sang wiping away Evan's tears.

"Somebody's got you," Jonathan sang.

"Rockabye baby, rockabye," Jonathan sang.

"I'm gonna rock you," he continued.

"Rockabye baby, don't you cry," Jonathan sang and Evan started to close his eyes.

"Rockabye, no," Jonathan sang.

"Rockabye, yeah, oh, oh," Jonathan lastly sang and you could hear Evan's soft snores.

"When did you hear this song," Luke said making Jonathan blush.

"I thought of it myself," Jonathan mumbled.

"It's cute but you also have a shot to take to Jonathan," Blue said as she had a shot.

"Uhhh I didn't sign up for this," Jonathan said eyeing the needle.

"It's just a flu shot," Blue said and Jonathan had tears in his own eyes.

"It's like I have a big baby of my own," Luke sighed but smiled happily at his technically brother panic.

This book will just be random prompts but they all would be connect together. So some chapters will be long and some chapters will be short. I also have a secret message hidden in the book so good luck finding it out.

Song is Rockabye by Clean Bandit

With lots of love 💛

Dially

Brofish 👊🐟