Haunting Nightmare

Chapter 19 Haunting Nightmare

It was a relaxing Saturday for the Dennis family, Jonathan had gotten the day off so he was relaxing on the bed with Evan who had managed to find his phone. It was days like this he thought about how nice it would have been if Gina hadn't left. Of course thinking about the what if's always left Jonathan in a terrible mood. Deciding he wasn't going to let them bring him he down; he got off the bed making Evan squawk when was moved.

"Evan do you wanna do something today," Jonathan said to the pouting boy.

"No," Evan said and got comfortable on the bed.

"Come on buddy we'll go to Chuck E Cheese," Jonathan said and Evan got up.

"Weally," Evan said still learning how to pronounce his r's.

"Of course anything for you," Jonathan said and Evan jumped happily on the bed.

"Yay we gonna go to Chucke," Evan said happily and Jonathan pulled him in for a hug.

"Let's get dressed okay," Jonathan said and Evan nods his head.

Jonathan didn't really mind the restaurant that was made for children. He had a fun time in there because of his love for games. He hoped that Evan would share the same love so they could bond more when they're older. The drive there was filled with excitement as they jammed to the radio. Since it was pretty early they got there when the restaurant had jus opened.

Finding a quick easy spot; Jonathan walked behind an overly active 2 year old as they made their way to the entrance. Jonathan had to wait behind several parents as they went in. Evan, being the naughty two-years-old he was, decided that he wanted to go on ahead but Jonathan made sure that he was near him at all times. After ordering the food and finding a decent area to sit in; Jonathan followed Evan around the establishment as he decided what he wanted to play.

"Oh my god is that Jonny boy," a loud shriek said making Jonathan wince.

There was only one person who could have a horrible voice like that.

"How are you Aunt Sheila," Jonathan said straining to put a smile on his face.

"How are you Jonny Boy," she said as she pinched Jonathan's cheek.

"I've been great," Jonathan said as he rubbed his cheeks from pain.

"That's good to hear and where is sweet little Evan," she said as Evan hid behind Jonathan's legs.

"He's alright thanks for asking," Jonathan said feeling slightly uncomfortable under her gaze.

"Alright well I'll leave you two then gotta see where my boys are at," she said moving along.

Jonathan was debating or not if he should stick around as his pizza arrived at his table. Deciding that he should eat the food he paid for; he lead Evan back to the table to enjoy the pizza. After the pizza was eaten Jonathan had lost sight of Evan who had taken the tokens with him.

"Evan," Jonathan called out his heat tightening with fear.

What if something bad happen to Evan was all Jonathan could think about as he searched the restaurant. Evan himself was putting in a token in a game he didn't quite understand the purpose of. It was bright and color which made Evan decide that he was going to play it. Realizing he wasn't tall enough to hit the button made him look for a someone who's willing to help him do that.

Evan bumped into someone's leg and looked up to see who it was. Recognizing who they were Evan frowned and started to back away. The person made a quick grab of Evan and quickly left the building carrying a crying Evan.

Jonathan hearing the noise tried to look for the source. He quickly left the restaurant getting strange looks from other parents. He watched as a car pull out of the parking lot and drive towards the curb to the streets.

"EVAN," Jonathan yelled as he saw Evan's cry face from the window of the car.

Running to the car he nearly caught up but the car ultimately got into the streets and drove off. Jonathan collapsed to his knees losing the one thing that mattered to him the most. The day becoming one haunting nightmare.

Yeah it wouldn't be called The Struggles of a Single Father if there wasn't any struggles for him ;). Who do you think took Evan? I think it's obvious :3

With lots of love 💛

Dially

Brofish 👊🐟

Ps I'll give a hint to the secret in two chapters ;)