Allowing Help

Chapter 8 Allowing Help

Jonathan sat quietly in Luke's car as they were driving to the 24 hour pharmacy. Evan was sleeping peacefully in his baby seat in the back; with a pacifier in his mouth gently sucking the thing. Jonathan looked over at Luke who was driving down the road seriously. Jonathan wanted to talk to Luke but he couldn't think of a topic to talk about.

He obviously wants to avoid talking about what happened in the last two months. It was the darkest moment of his life and he doesn't want to relive it. Luke half wanted to murder Jonathan and half hug him. He considers Jonathan as a younger brother. Losing touch with him made him worry about him nonstop. He got some updates by Dially but that was very little.

"Why did you do it," Luke said and Jonathan looked at him.

"Why did I do what," Jonathan then replied.

"Why did you decide that handling this on your own was a good idea," Luke said more specifically.

"You don't think I could have done this on my own," Jonathan said.

"Obviously not because look at what happened," Luke snapped making him flinch.

"I'm sorry dude but it's the truth," Luke said making Jonathan clenched his fists.

"I was a bit overwhelmed. Gina left me because she didn't want to be cooped up anymore. She took all of my money with her. I could have taken care of Evan I just didn't have the things to do it," Jonathan snapped back.

"Then why didn't you ask for help," Luke seethed in return.

"Because I didn't fucking want your help. I'm not some pity case that should get help. This is real life and not everyone is kind hearted," Jonathan said.

"But this is you. You are like family to me," Luke said making Jonathan roll his eyes.

"Would you have done this for anyone else. No I don't think so," Jonathan said.

"Of course not because they are not fucking family like you are," Luke said.

"If she had done this to you.... you should have told me I could have helped you get back on your feet that's what family are for," Luke said making Jonathan sigh.

"I know but I got scared.... I got scared knowing that you would have said you were right. That she wasn't good for me," Jonathan said looking back out the window.

"Of course I would have said that. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't help you and your kid," Luke said as he pulled up to the pharmacy.

He parked the car and Jonathan got out. He knew the conversation was bound to happen but he hoped it would have been on a later date. Luke sighed as he watched Jonathan walk to the passenger side. He opened the door and stared back at Luke.

"Do you want to me go with you," Luke asked.

"No I'll be right back," Jonathan said taking Evan's carrier with him.

Jonathan walked quickly inside and saw that there was barely anyone there. He walked up to the front desk and waited patiently as the pharmacist came up to him.

"What can I help you with," she asked and Jonathan handed him the paper.

"If you're willing to wait I'll have it ready for you in 10 minutes," she then said and he nods his head.

He took the time to buy some things for Evan. He forgot to bring Evan's bag for whenever he goes out with him, which is most of the time since he can't afford a baby sitter. Getting some pampers, baby wipes, formula, water, and bottles by the time he came back the pharmacist was standing there with his prescription.

"Here you go it'll be 27.99. Would you like me to ring up your items as well," she asked.

"Yeah sure," Jonathan first words to the pharmacist were as he handed her the items.

"Alright your final total will be 38.65 will you be paying cash or card," she said.

"Cash," Jonathan replied handing her two twenties.

"Alright here's your change have a good night," she said as Jonathan left the pharmacy.

Jonathan buckled Evan back in the car before getting in himself. Luke wanted to talk some more but knew that would have to wait another time. He pulled out of the pharmacy and silently drove home. They got there in 10 minutes which felt like the longest 10 minutes of their lives. Jonathan got out and took Evan out of his car seat.

"You know which room is yours right," Luke asked and Jonathan nod his head.

Luke then got out of the car and locked it. Jonathan walked slowly behind him as they reached the front door and unlocked it. Luke let Jonathan in first then locking the door behind him. Knowing that it was late he said he only thing that came into his mind;

"Goodnight Jon."

"Goodnight Luke," Jonathan said and walked to the room he always slept in whenever Gina had kicked him out.

When he entered the room. He noticed that there was a baby crib already inside. He smiled knowing that Luke probably bought it just in case he ever came with Evan to take a nap. Setting Evan in the crib he smiled softly; going to his bed and closing his eyes for a well needed rest.

I've had this written for a while. Just needed to write the next chapter before updating. Updates might slow down because I'm currently in a big depression bubble and all I feel like doing is to curl up and cry. I just want to sleep and never wake up.

Sorry for being so depressing. Thanks for liking this story.

With lots of love 💛

Dially

Brofish 👊🐟