Taking things Slow

Chapter 9 Taking things Slow

Jonathan woke up to the cries of Evan and he quickly got up to check on him. Evan was sweating slightly and he knew that he had to give him medicine. Getting the bag he got at the pharmacy; he took out the medicine and used the dropper to take the necessary amount. He then picked up Evan and held him placing the dropper in his mouth.

"Shhh it's okay Evan, it's okay Daddy's here," Jonathan cooed as Evan drank the liquid.

Jonathan grabbed a wipe and started to wipe off the sweat off of Evan's head. Evan continued to cry and Jonathan frowned. He then went to his bag and took out a clean bottle. He then got the formula and water. Holding Evan carefully he managed to make the bottle and he placed it in Evan's mouth. Evan happily sucked on the bottle and Jonathan sighed happily.

He sat on the bed as he held Evan to his chest. He heard knocking on the door and he said come in. Luke poked his head in and saw that Jonathan was feeding Evan.

"Morning Jon," Luke said hesitantly and Jonathan looks at him.

"Morning Luke," Jonathan said in return as he adjusted Evan's bottle.

"Whenever you're ready to go get your stuff just tell me," Luke said and Jonathan looked away.

"Alright," Jonathan said softly and with that Luke left the room.

Jonathan looked back down at Evan and sighed softly. Evan whined a little as the bottle was taken from him but calmed down when Jonathan started to rub his back. After a couple of tiny burps, Evan whined a little making Jonathan chuckle.

"I guess I haven't changed you in a while," Jonathan said as he placed Evan on the bed.

Evan stared up at Jonathan with bright brown eyes as Jonathan took out the baby wipes and diapers. Taking off Evan's jumper, he took off the diaper and scrunched his nose up because of the smell. Jonathan then started to clean Evan's bottom and made sure it was clean. He then put on a new diaper and redoing his jumper. He then closed the dirty diaper and tossed it into the trash can.

"Evan should we stay here with Uncle Luke," Jonathan said to Evan as he picked him up.

Evan curled up in the hold, cooing softly as he felt the warmth of Jonathan. Jonathan chuckled and sighed. He really didn't expect Evan to answer him. He was only 2 months after all. Jonathan held out Evan and Evan stared at him with bright brown eyes. Evan cooed as he put his thumb in his mouth.

"Why are you so adorable," Jonathan told him as he watched Evan.

Jonathan pulled out his phone and called Dially. He didn't have to wait long before she answered.

"Jonathan are you okay," Dially asked.

"Yeah I just need you to take care of Evan while I go with Luke," Jonathan said as he placed Evan on his stomach.

"Yeah sure we'll be over in 10 minutes," Dially said cheerfully.

"Wait we," Jonathan said but she had already hung up the phone.

Jonathan chuckled but put his phone in his pocket. He was happy that he managed to keep his phone line. He remembers taking Gina off the line because there was no use in keeping her on. Jonathan looked back at Evan as he saw him chewing on his arm. Jonathan smiled and I chuckled making Evan look up at him. Evan cooed and then put his hand back in his mouth.

"We're here," Dially said as she entered the house with Blue following behind her.

"Dially Blue what the hell are you guys doing here," Luke asked as he saw them come in.