I'd Love To

After waking up with a painful back I got up from my bed and into her's after asking my dad where the hell she was, I needed her. She was there and I was back into her arms. I knew she had been lying to me when I'd ask her how was she, she'd lied to me and I knew it. I let her pass, I'd fix all that later, but I was wondering about other things; More important things.

"Are you keeping them?" I asked as I lain my hands on her swollen tummy. They were kicking, well alive and alright. Eliza had no emotion in her face, she wasn't phased at all. I hope she would say yes.

"No. I am not, I'm sure someone else will love them and take care of them but I can't go through with this." Eliza spat in disgust. I was a little taken aback by the news.

"But Eliza--" She couldn't see how happy we'd all be? How lovely this is, the beautiful babies? 

"No Ashley!" Eliza barked. She scared me. "they're from him, they're going to turn out evil and bad like him, deformed even and you should get rid of them too!"

I held tight to my own stomach in fear of her hurtful statement towards my children. I'm not going to let her do a thing about my babies. "no, I love them Eliza and WE'RE keeping them!" I snapped back towards Eliza. "they might be from Alex but they are nothing of evil, I saw your ultra sound pictures... We have something to look forward to-- Don't you want to marry me?"

She hadn't answered instead Eliza turned around having her back face me. I didn't care how difficult she was being, we'd been apart from each other too long and now I wasn't keeping my eye off of her so I just put my arm around her waist, spooning her, kissing the nape of her neck and playing with her baby hairs from behind her ears to the back of her neck until she slowly altogether just fell asleep. 

She looked so peaceful here and there but she'd talk in between her sleep, clutching her pillows. "shhh, shhh baby I know." I kiss her cheek before getting up to leave going to the kitchen. I had saw a few cherries, I like them a lot. I pull out some sparkling water since I can't drink anything alcoholic. 

"Relationship problems already?" oh not dad again, always peeling into my relationship problems. "honey give her some time."

"Dad please," I sigh. He was sitting on a stool shirtless enjoying a glass of wine in the dark.  But he wasn't alone, there was Ms. Honey, my teacher who he was engaged to as well. She was like another mother to me and I was happy to call her mother as well. 

"Honey they were being torn apart by a mad man and Ashley I just know she'll change her mind. She's just in a large state of trauma and once she realizes what she wants she'll know. It's like you to give her  space but also help her through this." Ms. Honey said as she was now slapping my dad's arm and giving me a hug. "sweetheart just be with her!" 

I nodded, "yeah, um thanks Ms. Honey."

"Mom." she laughed. 

"Thanks mom," I sat with both of my 'parents' eating and talking about other things. My mom was talking about wedding details with me. From the sound of it I was hearing big talk about a small intimate wedding, she wanted it very lavish but for the small group of people around the wedding. Meaning my friends, new friends, dad's friends from the firm, her friends and family, my aunt and uncles, faculty at school and my babies. I wanted something like that, something just small and beautiful with Eliza but knowing her the whole world was probably going to attend and be all over television.

We hadn't stopped talking even when my dad left for bed until it was two in the morning. "alright mom I'll see you in a few, plane should be off in the next five hours."

I came back to Eliza's room; Only to find her tossing and turning in her bed as she broke out into an aggressive sweat. She was talking in her nightmare so I came to her side leaning over her, shaking her. "Eliza!" I raised my voice as I shook her.