When You're Feeling Better

ELIZA POV

I had everything to be ashamed of and this I could not forgive ever but I had to move on. I had other things to think of, my new family. My sons and daughters, my wife. Well fiancee anyway. "it's been three days, you must eat!" I shout at Ashley. there is yet another large tray of untouched food in the same spot yet the water is gone and so is the jello. It is like that everyday, the water and the jello. That is all she eats. 

The jello doesn't make a person survive really. It's all powder and water mixed together, cooled and eaten. She drinks water to keep herself going on,  but as a mother she grieves but if she does not get the help she needs then so on and furthermore  altogether she'll stop drinking the water and eating the jello. She hasn't spoken a word to me but she takes care of Dallas and Wolfgang. I had Dior in my hands, I wasn't worthy to have her here with me but I did anyway, I held her and played with her little fingers. "no." was the first thing she has said to me since she left the operation room.

I grew weary and tired of Ashley's stubbornness. I had lain Dior in her assigned crib and took stood over Ashley. She looks sickly. Her pale and sweaty, sickly face turns towards me and it's before me her lips and faintly her eyes are the only thing that owns color. The tray is over her on an adjustable table, it's somewhat fresh and has only been standing here for the past twenty minutes. It's not warm enough to my liking anymore. "I will take this to the nurse's lounge and heat this up for you." I take her food and put my robe around myself before heading out. A nurse comes rushing to my side. 

"Ms. Robinson please let me help you heat this up, I will bring it to your room." 

A woman in a knee length white dress with a red corset belt laughs. "as if, who assigned you to this wing bitch?" the woman shoos away the nurse. "I am from Alan's trusted staff, you remember me?"

I had remembered this same woman in front of me and her pin she wore above her left breast that bared the symbol for Alan's team. The white triangle. "yes."

"You must be careful of under covers, you've just had children and their net worth is already up the roof to come people anyone is ready to get their hands on you as well as barren women." she takes my food. "I will be right back!"

I stand and wait outside of my room resting on the door waiting for the girl to come back and it's not to long before two minutes later the woman comes back with the food basically steaming out of the top from the tray. "thank you." 

I eat from the food first to see if it was poisoned. I stood for a minute and nothing happened then I bought the food back to the room. She looks at me while I open the door then back to the television which I'm guessing she just turned on.  I watch where she puts the remote because I have a plan. I take the tray and place it back on the table. She shakes her head "no" I grab the remote and turns off the TV and put it on the side of the crib where Dallas is sleeping and sucking her thumb. "mommy's being stubborn but I'm sure you'll be able to help me out kid." 

Ashley gives me a "what the fuck" look with her bottom lip hanging and her hands midway in the air. "either you can eat this by yourself or I will take this spoon, fork and knife to feed you your food and cut up your damned steak." I spoke precisely with a aggravated tone. 

She didn't budge and neither did her fingers. There are cuffs on the nightstand so I take them. "fine, be that way," I cuff one hand down and now she's moving. I cuff the other. She can't move although she is crying to free her own wrist. "you left me no other choice baby, you're really skinny and I know you're hurting right now but I can't afford to love you too." I lean down and kiss her head.