Just Maybe

A Month Later after The Ball. . .

Ashley's POV

After a few weeks of therapy and me having a red ass every other day of the week our connection between Eliza and I were stronger than ever and we were both strong enough to get back to New York and face the world. Yes we did come home to a million and one questions from media but we faced him by "no comment" and our lawyers -- my father and Mr. Green from their prestigious firm "Black and Green" were helping us. 

We were on a lot of talk shows and including Good Morning American from The Today Show which we just left. It wasn't too different than the other questions people asked but this time it was more about our pregnancy and the after math of the rescue and escape. Now we were back home and hanging out with Vera and the baby while the twins were in for Eliza today. I felt hungry so I was going down the stairs taking my good old time until I felt contractions, I stopped on the steps and sat down on one waiting for them to stop. This was usual to happen, I've been having contractions for the past month but the baby isn't supposed to be coming until next month. The second week in the ninth month! In March. 

The contractions stopped after a while. I resumed walking down the stairs in and out of pain and made it to the kitchen. "mmm!" I felt another. "it's okay, their just little fake contractions it's alright." I tell myself. I open up the fridge and get some orange juice grabbing a glass and pouring until I feel another contraction, coming at me faster, hitting harder. 

I drop the glass with the little bit of juice in it. "shit!" I curse as I feel something soiling my dress.

No, no, no ,no ,no! This can not be happening! Not now, I'm supposed to have them later on. They can't come out now, not early not my babies! 

There was so much blood and fluids. "V- Ver- Vera!" I called for my sister in law who was upstairs with Eliza watching TV super loud. I tried to walk away but instead I slipped on my broken water. Oh God no. 

"Hey guys I'm home!" it was Josslyn's voice filling the foyer. Thank God!

"Josslyn! JOSS!" I screamed. 

"Ashley?" Joss called out. 

"I'm in the kitchen! My water broke!"

"Holy sh--!" There was another contraction coming, this time worse than the last. Is that even possible or fucking legal? My sister in law came to help me once she saw me on the floor. "oh my God Ash how long have you been here?" she asks.

"Past five minutes, call the hospital and tell them to save a room for me please and that we're coming!" I told her.

Finally Vera makes it downstairs with Carter in her arms. "What's going on-- Eliza!" Vera yells. Eliza comes wobbling out the room and looking down from the stairs. 

"Vera get the overnight bags, both of them-- Now!" Eliza demanded. 

Vera ran back up the stairs and into our room to get the overnight bags while Eliza came downstairs. "Eliza they weren't supposed to come yet what's going to happen to our babies?"

She leans over on her knees over the mess I made. My cheeks are in her hands. "it's going to be okay baby we've got this, Vera's GOING TO FUCKING COME DOWN THESE STAIRS RIGHT NOW! And we're going to take you to the hospital and you're going to successfully give birth to our babies."

Eliza and Joss helped me get up from the floor and Vera took the baby and the bags to the elevator, they helped me get to the elevator quickly and tried to keep me up although I was in so much pain I wanted to just lay down. Eliza whispered in my ear sweet nothings while Alan was just parking at the garage. "babe start the fucking car back up!"