A Wrinkle In Time

-Filler chapter but a great one to me. Be ready for a while lot of flashbacks and straight sex scenes. No Liza or Ash scenes just a few mentions but please do read and comment on these characters personal stories! Enjoy my loves and ask questions because I love a good challenge! -

Vera's pov

My sister Eliza had been missing. I wasn't fulfilling my promise to her; And Joss was nowhere to be seen though she was hanging around here somewhere like the monkey she was made out to be-- Just hanging and wise. Mother was angry as always now, she was making Gumbo soup.

I sat silently at the table with my palms glued to it. The sound of the clock ticking and my antsy legs jumping. I gathered a nervous sweat on my temple.

"Bebe," Mother sighed as she swung her hips around finishing the Gumbo. I gulped in fear of Mother. "I thought I told you to bring back my child." Mother hissed at me in anger. I wanted to be her favorite... But no; Eliza was. Always will be.

I failed when I went to New York and talked to her. "Mama what's wrong with Josselyn and I?" All we ever wanted was her love. Mother fallen sick when Eliza left New Orleans because she knew what all her husbands did to Eliza while mama wasn't home and working to death. She'd become so obsessed making money she just forgot about us.

"No!" Mother screeched. "I gotta make it up to my Bebe, I need her home. New O'lins is where she belongs!" Mother said. The thick Creole ran through her. Last authentic French Quarter women roaming. She used to fix me Gumbo and talk stories about spirits and all about New Orleans.

Mother mistreated us all now. "I tried! " I shouted at mother. She looked back at me with wide eyes and came to the table leaning across it until our faces were a few inches apart.

"Get the Sjambok." She said. Oh no... I made her mad. The Sjambok was an African Rhino hide whip that had a deadly mark it left. The whip teared you open as much as a Cat-O-Nine whip from Biblical days. It was a present one of her many ex husbands gave her.

I'm too big to be punished now. "Mama I'm sorry. I'll work harder!"

She slapped me hard across the face and it was the only thing I heard until Joss came in, "looks like I missed out on a treat." Joss snickers. She's sucking blood off her index finger. I look at her; Her white night dress is covered in splatters of blood. An assassin for a sister is what I get....

Mother rolled her eyes, "what are you doing here you abomination? " mother's nose scrunched in disgust. Joss was Eliza's twin and hated that Joss reminded her of Eliza. The worst part of a identical twin I guess.

Joss rolled her eyes and kissed mother's cheek. "Morning mama!" She sniffed the pot. "I'm famished mommy!" She rubbed her tummy.

My sister was a child. "Put clean clothes on you blood whore," I spat. I eyed her short, holey and tattered blood stained night dress. She kisses my cheek.

"Morning Sissy." She skipped to her room with a knifed is her hand. We all needed Eliza to keep us sane. She was the glue to us all. I had to find her and quick. I hadn't bothered to call Ashley because she didn't know me on the best of terms but maybe Joss could talk to her and get some Information.

I walked to Josselyn's room without knocking and barge in on her buzzing off with a vibrator. She covered up "I got a mission for you." I was straight with Joss.

"What?"

"I need you to go to New York and talk to Ashley Black. She's the last to know Eliza's whereabouts probably and I need you to take over Eliza's job because I can't do it-- I'm a no body..." I confessed. It was true, I let my little sisters get molested , starved and I didn't look out like the older sister I shoulder have been. Eliza was, broken and scarred and Joss seemed to be okay.... Well okay for a nut.