Chapter 35: Ginny is nosey

Chapter 35: Ginny is nosey (Luna pov)

~~~~~~~~~

"So why did you and Draco get engaged? You haven't really been together that long anyways." Ginny said for the millionth time since Christmas.

"I've already told you Ginny, I love him and he loves me. Now if you'll excuse me I'm leaving." I slammed the book I was reading shut and stormed out.

Since Draco and I had been discovered by McGonagal we had been more secretive about everything. The circumstances of our engagement were unknown to the student body and they all bought our madly in love excuse. Everyone except our friends. Of course we were madly in love but no one saw that as an excuse to get engaged after only a couple months of dating.

Ginny and Harry had been in love since Harry's sixth year. Their engagement was reasonable to everyone. I tried to ignore the stares in the halls as I left the library. Some people glanced admiringly at my ring, others glared at me jealously.

I shrugged off the stares and kept walking in a determined line. I was heading out of the castle. My favorite spot was the Whomping Willow, it was incapacitated so there was no harm in sitting under the large, beautiful branches.

"Accio coat!" I said and a moment later my coat came whizzing into my waiting arms. I put it on and descended the path to the large tree.

I sat down heavily and wrapped my arms around my middle. My breath came out as a white cloud in front of me. The cold air helped to calm me and I sat peacefully listening to the distant call of crows and the sound of the waves in the Black Lake...

I was startled awake by a pair of strong arms carrying me. It was Draco. He murmured softly and his easy gait lulled me back to sleep.

I awoke to sunlight streaming through the windows of my room. The dust moats floated as if gravity's laws did not bind them to the Earth. I felt much the same way when I was a child at my father's knee. But everything had changed and I was an adult, responsible for myself and my unborn child.

My carefree days were over and I was bound to the inevitablility of my impending motherhood. The thought almost made me sick. I wasn't ready for it, because I was barely able to buy alcohol legally. I roused myself and walked into the bathroom to shower. I was done with my depressing thoughts.

After I was done I walked into the common room and was greeted by the smell of eggs. My stomache growled lustily and I looked around for the source of the aroma.

Draco came out of his room and pointed to the coffee table. I nodded and ate quickly.

"I knew that you would be hungry so I brought this from breakfast." Draco explained.

I looked at the wall clock, it was past noon. I had missed breakfast and if it had been a weekday, most of my classes.

"Thank you. I was hungry and I was so tired and I just..."

"I know, Ginny got on your nerves. She rounded on me as soon as you abandoned her, Ginny sought me out at quidditch practice and drug me away. I'm captain! She can't just make me lose valuable training hours just because she doesn't think that everything is what it seems." Draco said heatedly.

"Maybe she just needs something to be nosey about. After all, things do get boring around here. Hey, do you know where my potions' homework is?" I said.

"It should be over there on the desk. Maybe its in that stack of books... Oh Luna, I don't know. I have to go to the make-up quidditch practice, I'll see you later." Then he kissed me and ran out of the portrait hole.

I went over to the book pile and rummaged for a while before throwing up my hands in exasperation. I moved to the paper stack and proceeded to look over every paper. I gasped. The paper I found wasn't my homework. Instead, I had found the copy that Draco and I had written of the prophecy that Professor Trelawney had told us.

I read over it. Most of it made no sense at all. But some... 'The son shall reap what he sows in twos, but only if his love is sure'. I thought for a second. Male sperm is often called seed and seed is sowed so the reaping might have meant that there would be a product from his seed; a baby. Or since it said in twos, two babies.

I almosy fainted. 'No, Trelawney was drunk and half crazy. She doesn't know what she's talking about," I thoght to myself. I took a few deep breaths to calm down but felt a wave of nausea rising. I rushed tothe bathroom and lost my breakfast.

A pair of cool hands held my hair and pressed a cloth to my forhead. I put my head to my knees and sat for a moment. What if I really was going to have twins? The meaning was clear to me once I thought through it again. The "prophecy" said I was having twins. I felt sick all over again.

"Thanks, Dra–" I stopped mid-sentence. Draco did not have red hair.

"Ginny?" I squeaked.

"You're pregnant." She stated simply.

"I am not!"

"Don't lie to me, I'm NOT stupid. I notice things."

"You're wrong. How did you get in here?" I changed the subject.

"It wasn't hard to guess. 'Engagement' was a fairly easy password considering that you're engaged. That's pretty obvious. But anyways, don't try to distract me. If you don't admit it, I will owl my mum and tell her."

I opened my mouth and closed it like a fish out of water. "Why?"

"Because, it was pretty mean to keep something like this from me. I'm you're best friend, we're supposed to share everything: no secrets. I didn't even know that you and Draco were involved like that. God! What else am I missing?" Ginny whined.

"Nothing. Draco and I were,um, involved before I asked what it was like to love someone. I'm pregnant and Draco knows, along with both of his parents and McGonagal."

"You said both of his parents, what about you're dad?"

"I haven't been able to contact since before Christmas. He didnt even send me a Christmas present." I cried a little.

"I'm sorry. Maybe he's just really busy."

"Don't make excuses for him. My father is the editor of the Quibbler, he's not a full-time auror. There is no excuse for him. I didn't even get a present!" I said like a little kid.

"Luna?" Draco's voice called from the common room.

"In here!"

"Are you showering, cuz I can join in a—"

"Uh, Ginny is here so..." Draco's head peeked around the corner.

"Hello Weaslette."

"Draco." Ginny said, eyes narrowed.

"She knows." I said.

"Luna! Why did you tell her? The prof–"

"I guessed thank you very much! I didn't need anyone to tell me." Ginny said hotly.

"How did you get in here?"

Ginny rolled her eyes. "I'm going to leave so you can have fun. But Draco, behave."

A hair flip later we were alone. I brushed my teeth and found the note again. I showed it to Draco.

"I don't get it. Why are you showing me this?"

I explained. Draco went pale.

"If the thing about twins is true, then what does the rest mean?" Draco asked.

"I don't know but owl your mum and ask her to set me up a check up at St. Mungo's next for next weekend. Depending on the results we will know if the rest of this note is true." I told him.

He left for the owlery and I sat down to tried to work out some answers from the puzzling piece of our future.