Chapter 27: Take me back (Luna pov)

~~~~~~~~~
I left Ginny in a hurry and practically sprinted all the way back to my common room. I reached the door and stood there for a minute to calm my breathing, I smoothed my hair back and leaned against the wall for support. My labored breathing slowed and I walked in calmly.

Draco sat on the couch reading. His eyes were a little red, probably from crying. And just like Ginny said my heart gave at little squeeze at the sight of seeing him hurt. I went over to him and sat down beside him on the couch. Draco looked up when I reached over and closed the book he was reading.

"Draco? We need to talk." I said.

Draco nodded and sighed placing the book on a side table. He swept his fingers across my jawline, leaving tingles where he touched. I pulled his hand away and laced my fingers through his.

"Look, Luna-"

"I need to tell you something really important." I said, cutting him off.

Draco leaned back already to listen.

"I'm in love with you." I breathed out.

Draco crushed his lips to mine as if it were the first and last kiss we would ever have. We broke away after a minute, our foreheads pressed together and our breathing heavy.

"Will you take me back? I should have not been so-"

"Luna! I never even broke up with you. Why would you even think such a chance. As far as I'm concerned there is no problem, this never happened. All I know is that I love you will all of my heart and you love me too. That's all I could ever ask for." Draco said kissing me again.

All was forgiven, I couldn't be happier. After a while Draco and I went to the great hall for supper. Everyone at our table looked at us happily and I shot a look at Ginny. She could never seem to keep stuff like that secret. Ginny shrugged and smiled.

After Draco and I left the Great Hall we took a walk outside. It was cold and Draco let me wear his scarf. I buried my face into it breathing in his amazing smell.

Our walk took us to the whomping willow. It was completely safe now because after the war it had been completely immobilized for student safety. We snuggled on the bench for a while savoring each others warmth.

"You know, it's only about two weeks until Christmas break." Draco said breaking the silence.

"I know, what about it?"

"It's just my mother will be so pleased to know that I won't grow old by myself."

I smiled, imagining two wrinkled old people sitting on a porch in rocking chairs. I laughed out loud surprising myself.

"What's so funny?"

"I was just imagining older, wrinkled versions of us." I said.

Draco laughed and then shivered.

"Let's go back in I think we need to get back before they find to ice sculpture in the morning." Draco joked.

I sighed and took his hand in mine as we heads up the long, winding path to Hogwarts.