Chapter 2: Seat Buddies

Chapter 2: Seat buddies

~~~~~~~~

As soon as I got to my compartment I realized that if someone had saw us our exchange would have been laughed at. My hair was probably messed up then and my face when I fell... All of a sudden I burst into giggles, not normal giggles, uncontrollable giggles. That's when he walked in. During my rush to get to the compartment I failed to notice that my seat buddy would be, guess who? Yeah, Malfoy, he just gave me a look that said ' You're crazy' and sat down opposite of me.

We sat In awkward silence for a while until he said "What were you laughing about?"

That made me break into another fit of giggles, pretty soon Malfoy was laughing too, probably at me. When I calmed down enough to explain what the giggles were about the sliding door opened.

In came a red faced Ron Weasley who looked a me and Malfoy and said rather rudely " What's he doing here?!" I didn't even know why he was even there so I didn't have to explain myself, but I said, "We're seat buddies, duh." As if it were the most obvious thing ever.

That didn't help, Ron just looked angrier. Then Hermione came in, looked around and said, "This isn't #129 Ron, let's go." Hermione noticed the silence and gave me an apologetic look before trying to tug Ron toward the door.

"No Hermione! We can't just leave Luna with a Death Eater!" With that one simple word Malfoy looked like a broken man. I know he was a you-know-what but Ron didn't have to say it, besides its all over now.

Malfoy looked at Ron with a new look in his eye and said "Yeah, I was, but I learned my lesson and just want to move on."

Ron snorted "Oh, whatever! You're just waiting for a new way to rule the world, yeah you're biding your time, that's it!"

"That's why I'm riding back to Hogwarts, an auror guarded school, that makes sense. That also explains why the headmistress personally asked me too come back and be Head boy with the Head girl, Luna! It's obviously that, because everyone knows it but me!"

Wait I was head girl? I thought it would obviously be Hermione, maybe she didn't accept because she wanted a normal year for once. Shouldn't I have got a letter? Wait! I did I just threw it away because it came at the same time as the supplies list,I thought they were duplicates! Wow, daddy would be proud!

"Okay Ron you have said you're piece, lets go. Mcgonagal trusts him, so should you." Hermione sent us an apologetic look and left the compartment.

"I didn't even know I was head girl!" I said, still wowed.

"Didn't you get a letter?" Malfoy said eyeing me.

"Well, yeah, but I thought it was a duplicate of the supplies list," I said, embarrassed that I was so stupid.

"Do you really think that Mcgonagal really made a mistake, 'cos she's probably got like a hundred years of-"

Before he could finish that sentence, Mcgonagal slid the door open and said, "Mr.Malfoy, I advise you to hold your tongue before I rethink my head boy options."

I stifled a smile behind my hand at Malfoy's pale expression.

"Sorry professor I was ju-" He began to explain, but she cut him off again by saying, "For the real reason I came here, I wanted to congratulate you, both of you."

Still eyeing Malfoy, she said, "I also wanted to tell you to meet me in me office at nine tonight after the opening feast, we need to discuss details. Have a nice rest of the trip, see you later, and don't be late."

On that note she walked promptly out the door and down the hall. When she was out of eyesight Malfoy and I burst out laughing, this was going to be a memorable year...