Chapter 31: Its Okay (Draco pov)

~~~~~~~~~

I had the most amazing time at the quidditch game and the Bulgarians won so I was in a good mood. After I returned home I couldn't find anyone so I went looking around before I went to Luna's room. When I got there all I found was silence.

I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth. At the game I had a firewhiskey or two and Luna absolutely hated the scent of alcohol. After I was finished I threw the empty toothpaste tube away. Of course I literally threw it but I missed so as I bent over to pick it up something caught my attention.

A little blue box was peeking out of the rubish bin. It was defintely not a tampon box. I gingerly lifted the box out of the trash and shook it. As I had thought, something rattled inside.

A small stick fell out with a clink on the floor. The stick had a pink plus sign.

I wasn't an expert, but I wasn't stupid. Either Luna was pregnant or I had had more than one or two firewhiskeys. I knew that I wasn't drunk. I tucked the stick into my pocket and walked in front of the large scale mirror. 'This isn't happening, I've ruined her life. I'm not ready to be a father.' was all I could think as I looked at the blonde man in the mirror.

"Zilly, come here please!" I called.

Zilly appeared a moment later in a loud 'pop!'. "Yes Master?"

"Can you tell me where my mother and Luna are?" I got a floppy-eared nod.

"Well, where are they?"

"Mistress Malfoy is in her chambers with mistress Luna, sir. They goes shopping earlier, only come back a little while ago."

"Well, I'm pretty sure that's not all that they did." I replied.

"Oh yessir, mistresses brought home lots of bags." Came a squeaky nanswer.

Luna hadn't even hinted, why had everything happened so fast? I couldn't help but feel angry because I was hurt that Luna had kept something like that from me.

"Zilly you are dismissed." Then she disappeared with another 'pop!'.

I clenched my fist around the pregnancy test in my pocket and stalked down the stairs towards my mother's chambers.

A moment later I barged through the door. Luna and my mother were sutting near the fireplace in armchairs. When I had burst through the door the teacup Luna was holding crashed to the floor. It shattered into a million pieces.

"Draco Malfoy! Don't you know how to knock?" My mother screamed.

"Don't you know not to keep secrets?" I retorted.

"Whatever in the world do you mean?" Mother was the definition of innocence.

"Luna, can we talk in the hall?" I said, ignoring my mum.

Luna nodded slightly. "The halls echo." Mother stated.

"We'll go to Luna's room then!"

"The rooms echo too, why don't you just chat here?" Mother gave me a testy look.

I rolled my eyes in reply. I decided that my mother had to have been in on it. But why had Luna said anything to the grandmother of her child, especially since they had just met?

I pulled out the test, "Are you pregnant mother?", I asked sarcastically.

"Well, I-no!" Mother gasped out.

"Exactly, Luna we need to talk now." I rounded on Luna.

My mother and Luna shared a panicked look. Luna looked a bit sick. Mother patted her hand, "Don't worry, I will explain everything."

Then my mother proceeded to tell me the story from the beginning: her suspicions, Luna's symptoms, then the trip to the store. I immediately felt ashamed of my inexcusable anger.

Luna looked at me with those puppy eyes and started to sniffle. I was also ashamed of infecting her with a child that she probably didn't want and wasn't ready for. I knelt down by her chair and took a small, delicate hand in mine.

"You don't have to go through with this. All I care about is you but... no matter what you choose I will support you." I said. A tear fell down her angelic face and landed in her lap.

"You don't want our child, I can tell by the way you're talking." Luna accused.

"No! You're wrong, I think that a little Luna would be the most amazing thing ever, but I didn't know what you wanted. I don't think that taking an innocent child's life is right, but I wasn't going to rule out your rights. I'm sorry that I was angry earlier but I was just upset because I thought that you had been lying to me about

it. When I saw that box I felt a million emotions and anger was the first thing that I could cope with."

"Good, because I already love this baby. I won't let anything happen to it." Luna said. I cupped her face gently and gave her a long, heartfelt kiss.

My mother cleared her throat to remind us that we weren't alone. Luna blushed and I laughed.

"Draco, can I talk to you outside for a minute?" My mother asked, suddenly nervous.

"The halls echo, remember?" I mocked.

"Please..." Mother pleaded.

I followed her out of the door. She stopped a couple feet away from the door and turned to face me.

"You need to ask her to marry you." My mother blurted.

"What!!?"

"What will people say? Doesn't she have parents? They will be upset with you for not making an honest woman out of her. What about your classmates? An engagement would make the talk less destructive."

"You want me to get engaged so that you can save yourself from some gossip?"

"No! I only thought that it would be cruel to make Luna a teenage, unmarried mother without even the prospect of havibg someone to provide for her and the child. At least that's what it would appear to be like from the outside." Mother reasoned.

I had actually wanted to propose to Luna on Christmas Eve, but I had thought it to be too soon. I realized that even though Luna was pregnant with my child, she might not want to get married. And I said so to my mum.

"I think she loves you too much for her own good, she probably would have married you even if she wasn't pregant now. If I were you I would thank me, it was me who suggested that she might be pregnant."

"You can make the wierdest situations sound normal, but not this. I'm not going to ask her today, she will think that it's only because she's pregnant. I love her no matter what and I want her to know that." I replied.

Mother gave a little huff and went back into the room. I walked to the doorway and looked at my pregnant girlfriend, I wanted to right by her but not by rushing. Luna looked up and saw me staring.

"Yes, Draco?" Luna said.

"Let's go to your room for a while, okay?" I suggested. Luna's beautiful face looked at me in confusion.

"Remeber the rooms echo, Draco." Mother mocked.

I rolled my eyes and led Luna upstairs. As we walked I heard my mother's heels clicking and then a "Hello dear, where have you been all day?". My father was home.

Instead of stopping at the second floor I continued to the third where my room was at. I pushed open the door and was greeted by the familiar green and silver colors. Everything was just as I had left it when I went to Hogwarts.

"You have a nice room Draco." A dreamy voice said, Luna was admiring my bookshelf.

"Yeah, I guess so. Do you want to see my bed?" I hinted.

"Yeah, I- oh." A rosey blush touched her cheeks, "The rooms echo", she whipered.

I laughed, "Not up here."

I pulled her closer and threw the pillows off of my canopy bed before laying her down.