Chapter 29: I'm a pureblood/blood traitor (Luna pov)

~~~~~~~~~
The room I would be staying in for two weeks had a balcony. The balcony only increased my view of the Malfoy's wealth, because I could see the magnificent gardens, and the maze, and the large lake that had a boathouse. Their wealth seemed infinite and wholly impressive to me, who had been raised on an editor's salary. I desperately want to go to the gardens and take a stroll through them, I wanted to find my way through the maze, and I wanted to take a boat ride on a warmer day.

An hour or so later Draco returned to my room and told me that dinner was ready. He also said that I might want to wear an evening dress.

"Why would I need to wear a dress? Isn't that a bit too fancy for an ordinary meal?" I asked.

"Not in this family, I am required to wear a tux so don't feel bad." Then he leaned in to whisper in my ear,"plus I think you would look absolutely beautiful in a debutante dress."

I smiled and asked Draco if I looked beautiful without it.

"Of course you do, but this is kinda like a welcoming party so don't feel as if you're the only one wearing a monkey suit. Everyone will be dressed black tie."

"Everyone"

"Yes, er my mother invited a few close friends over."

"Do you mean our friends or your parents friends?" I asked.

"Their friends but Theo will also be here with his father, that'll liven up the party." Draco gave me a dazzling smile and I had no choice but to shoo him away and put in the dress that had appeared on my bed.

I looked in the mirror and was stunned by what I saw. I saw a young woman who looked rich and dignified, but not only that I looked beautiful. I almost cried but I knew that my mascara wasn't waterproof and it might ruin the dazzle if I had black streaks on my face.

Moments later Draco appeared and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"See completely and utterly beautiful. Don't worry about everyone else, I'll be right beside you holding your hand." And with that statement we walked down two flights of stairs and joined the party.

"Oh! There she is, Luna dear come meet Mr. Nott." Narcissa called to me.

Draco's arm was still wrapped around my waist as I met each of the dinner guests. Finally dinner was served and we each took our seats.

"I'm glad to welcome you to my manor dearest friends. I'm also pleased to welcome my sons girlfriend Luna, we expect great things from this relationship maybe even the Malfoy heir." Lucius Malfoy said with a chuckle.

Lucius was seated at the head of the table with Narcissa to his right,and me to his left with Draco by my side. Draco's father wasn't cruel as I thought he would be, and conversation flowed easily. Easily until he asked a forbidden question.

"Luna dear, what is your blood status?"

"I-I'm a pureblood." I stuttered.

"Of course. And what is your family name?"

"Lovegood, my father is Xenophilous Lovegood."

"The Quibbler editor? Some people argue that he is a blood traitor, but he is still a pureblood. That makes you a pureblood and I couldn't have hand chosen a more ravishing pureblood for my son. So I would like to raise a toast for Luna and Draco's future!" Lucius's voice boomed.

As he raised his crystal wine glass many murmurs of future could be heard and the merry clinking of glasses sounded like music. Then the meal flowed smoothly and I ate various foods that I would have never even dreamed of seeing. Fancy little shrimps, caviar, cream brûlée, and dainty little side dishes that I had no name for.