Chapter 26: Ginny help me! (Luna pov)

~~~~~~~~~~
I walked slowly up to Gryffindor tower, my mind was clouded with thoughts. I hoped Ginny could help me, she always knew what to do. As I approached the Fat Lady's portrait she looked at me speculatively.

"You're not a Gryffindor the last time I checked. I've never saw you before. Only Gryffindors allowed, so be gone with you if you don't know the password." The Fat Lady said crossly.

"Um, I'm not a Gryffindor but I do have business here. So if you'll just let me in-", I started.

"I'm afraid I can't do that! Like I said before no password, no entry!"

"But I-"

"No. I can't let you in, I'm sorry but only Gryffindors."

"Maybe you can help me then. If I found a Gryffindor and came in with them would that be okay, it's really urgent." I asked.

"Well... I don't know. I guess I can but you can't be here after hours so... Good luck." She said, and then left her portrait.

I shook my head. Head prefects should be allowed in all house dorms. This wasn't fair, I really needed to see Ginny! Now I had to find a Gryffindor who would let me in with them.

I waited at the door for a few minutes waiting to see if someone would come up. When no one did I walked downstairs and looked around for a bit, no one could be found.

After a while I walked down another flight of stairs and I wondered around. A couple minutes later I ran into a very unhappy redhead. Ron was stalking through the corridor glaring at inanimate objects. Very unapproachable but a Gryffindor never the less.

"Hey, you!" I called to him.

He looked up at me then over his shoulder. He pointed at hisself and I nodded. Ron walked over to me quickly.

"What?" He asked.

"You're a Gryffindor."

"I have been for eight years so... Yeah what about it?"

"I need to get into Gryffindor tower, but I don't have the password."

"I still don't get what I have to do with it." Ron could be really thick sometimes.

"The Fat Lady said I could get in if a Gryffindor let me in. You're the first person I saw. So will you get me in?"

"Uh, I guess. Why do you need in?" Ron asked.

"I need to talk to your sister."

"Okay then, lets go." Ron said and we headed to the tower.

The Fat Lady was apparently waiting for us. And she let us in without a word. The password was now 'Dumbledore', and I remembered it in case I needed it again.

As we got in I saw a couple students studying by the fire and some lounging on the sofa. I searched the room and found that Ginny was absent from the common room. I walked over to a younger student and asked if they had saw her anywhere.

"Yeah. I think she's in the girls room getting ready for practice." The young girl said.

"Practice?" I asked.

"Yeah, quiditch." The student said as if it were obvious.

I thanked her and walked up the stairs quickly. Ginny was in the room, but she only had half of her clothes on. Her head turned in my direction when she heard the door open. Ginny gasped and cover herself.

"Relax Ginny, it's just me." I said.

"Oh, I thought you were a weirdo, but I'm not far off am I?" She asked flashing me a grin. Ginny's smile faded when she saw the look on my face.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?"

"Yes and yes." I said, then I explained everything.

I skipped the part where Draco and I made love on the couch though, she didn't need to know everything. By the end I was crying again. Ginny handed me a tissue and tried to comfort me.

"Why didn't you just say that you love him?" Ginny asked.

"I just don't want to lie. I don't know if I love Draco or not. I can't be good enough for him, and I don't even know why he stayed with me anyway." Then I burst into a new set of tears.

"Luna! Draco couldn't do get a better girl than you, you're perfect for each other!"

"I just don't want to lie by saying that I love him. How do I know if I do or not?" I asked.

Ginny looked at the clock on the wall and sighed. "I need to go tell Harry that I'm going to miss practice. I will be back in a moment with an explanation." She said then she left then room.

Five minutes passed and she came back in a little flustered.

"Okay, I don't know how to explain love with words since it is an emotion but I can try. You know how you love your dad?" I nodded.

"Well, you obviously know that it's love. Love and in love are totally different. When you love someone you would do anything to protect them right? Well, in love is the same but way more complex. When you're in love you would do anything to make that person happy, take away everything that hurts them, give them your heart, give them your life."

I nodded again. Check, check , check, and check.

"The way your heart beats when that person is near, the way you can finish their sentences, the way you know what they're thinking before they say it, the way you can get lost in their eyes, they way you feel when you're in their arms. The sparks when they kiss you, the way your heart hurts when you have to say goodbye, and the way you feel when they make you feel like you're the only girl in the world. Nothing can stand between you and the person you love if you really do love them, look at me and Harry. Even after all the mess of last year our love is only stronger. Do you feel any of those things Luna?" Ginny's explanation brought tears to my eyes.

Check, check, check to everything she said. I was in love with Draco Malfoy. A tear streaked down my face, how could I have been so stupid? It was all so obvious now, but what If Draco didn't want me back? What if I had lost my one and only chance with him?

"Hello? Luna?"

"I'm in love with him." I said simply.

"What?"

"I'm in love with Draco Malfoy." I said again.

Ginny's face registered shock, confusion and happiness.

"Oh, I'm so happy for you Luna!" Ginny squealed and hugged me forcefully.

"What if he doesn't want me now that I hurt him?" I asked my voice cracking. I sobbed into her shoulder and felt only heart rendering sadness. I might've lost my only chance. Oh why hadn't I just realized it before and confessed my love for him? Because I was stupid that's why.

Well, this time my stupidity might have cost me my true love.