Chapter 7: Malfoy is my idiot hero

~~~~~~~~

'Malfoy is such an idiot! Why is he so stupid? I mean was it really necessary to punch a kid? If he gets detention I will have to finish the prefects schedules all by myself! He is head boy for god sakes, he is supposed to set an example for the other students,' I thought.

I haven't even said the weirdest thing yet, he was fighting over me! I can't even begin to comprehend why. If I knew earlier that he was going to ditch me for the Slytherins only to punch one of them, I wouldn't have even bothered waving him over. Okay maybe I would've, but I was just being nice.

Little did I know that when my potions class was so rudely interrupted by an out-of-breath student, I would be called to the headmistress's office. I was on my way to the office when I was cornered by Pansy Parkinson of all people. She was coming down the steps as I was going up, I stopped to let her out. Instead of a polite thank you I got a finger rudely shoved into my chest and an accusatory remark.

"This is all your fault Looney Lovegood. If it weren't for you my Drakey wouldn't be in trouble!" She practically screamed in my face.

Her pug face was scrunched up in anger, at me, who didn't punch anyone. Like I was the culprit, I don't even know why they were fighting over me. Besides I didn't think that 'Drakey' was property of anyone. Definitely not her, she was probably a sleep and run.

"First of all Pugsy I'm not the one who punched someone. Second Draco doesn't belong to you. So if you will so kindly remove your finger, I have somewhere to be." I surprised even myself at this new boldness.

Pansy, was even more surprised than me. She stood there look like I had slapped her. Ha! I guess I wasn't some stupid fourth year that could be bullied. Not anymore at least...

I left Pansy, still panic stricken, standing at the end of the stairway.

When I finally got to the office I took a deep breath before I muttered "Albus Wulfric" to the stone gargoyle standing guard. It jumped aside and I went in. What I saw was a very pissed off Malfoy and a very bloody looking Blaise Zabini. Blaise must have used a pretty dirty insult, because he already had a bruise forming where Malfoy had punched him.

"Sorry to bring you into this Luna dear, but Mr. Malfoy over here wouldn't explain until you were present." Mcgonagal said glancing at Malfoy sternly.

I looked at Malfoy and found him staring at me. He looked at me kinda different than he did earlier today. His eyes lacked their usual shield that hid his emotions, they were all on display. I got lost in his lovely silver-grey eyes, but when the headmistress cleared her throat rather loudly, I bit my lower lip and looked down quickly, a faint blush coloring my cheeks.

"Now Draco please tell me what happened! Luna is here now so if it involved her I suggest that you say it quickly, because I can't let her miss all of potions." Mcgonagal gave him another quite stern look.

"Well you see professor, Blaise here said some pretty nasty things about Luna so I stuck up for her." Wow Malfoy made it sound really simple.

"Mr. Malfoy that is hardly an explanation worthy of dragging Ms. Lovegood out of class. Now more detail if you please." She looked at me as if expecting me to say that I wanted to go back to potions. As if...

"I don't really feel comfortable going into detail professor but if I must...

I assume that everyone had found out about Luna and I's dorm because when I was walking with the Slytherins they brought it up. At first it was only about what I was going to do this year then it transformed into if I slept with Luna. Blaise said some stuff and then he asked if Luna had dirtied my blood since she is a blood traitor and he said Luna must be a dirty girl." Malfoy said, basically the Slytherins think I'm a slutty blood traitor. That's a self esteem booster, not.

The whole time Malfoy was talking he avoided my eyes, Blaise however kept glaring at me when Mcgonagal wasn't looking. The Slytherins really don't have a good reputation and I know why, they are a bunch of jerks.

"So is this right Mr. Zabini? I can't tolerate such insults, or forms of muggle violence." She shot yet another dirty look at Malfoy.

"No... Well, you see I... Yes it's right professor." Blaise hung his head in shame.

So Malfoy really did try to defend my reputation. I can't believe it but he really did stick up for me. I guess I have to kinda forgive him for ditching me.

After a lecture about offensive terms, inappropriate language and after some more glares at Malfoy, muggle violence, Mcgonagal finally got down to discipline. I just knew what she was going to say next and I knew it would such.

"Mr. Malfoy and Mr. Zabini I expected more from the both of you, especially from my head boy. You both know that I cannot leave you unpunished, it would set a bad example for my other students. So I am giving you both a weeks detention with professor Slughorn. I hope that you will both learn your lessen after a week of cleaning cauldrons without magic." She stared a both of them this time and said "Go back to class Mr. Malfoy, Mr. Zabini go to the nurse then to class and Ms. Lovegood I do believe you have a potions lesson to attend."

So that was her graceful way of telling us to get out of her office. The bad thing was now I would have to walk back to class with Malfoy. After we left the office there was complete silence. Not that I wasn't thinking of things to say I just didn't want to break the silence.

I didn't have to worry long because Malfoy said "Look Luna I understand if you're mad at me, but just keep in mind that I wasn't the one who said those things." Why was it always him that broke the silence, or got to the point?

"No it's ok Mal-Draco, you defended me that makes you my idiot hero. You're my hero because you defended me but an idiot because you hit someone." I said that last part with a small chuckle but I immediately sobered when I saw the potions room up ahead.

"Draco I think that we sho-..." I couldn't finish that sentence because as soon as I turned to face him I saw him lean in. No! I could not let him kiss or whatever me I still loved Neville!

I leaned a little to the side but stopped moving when I saw that his mouth was staying in one position; a smirk of course. Instead of kissing me he simply reached and pulled some fluff off of my robes. My eyes followed his hands the whole way until they reached my robes. I was a little shocked by this motion and Malfoy noticed.

"Why so shocked Lovegood? It was just a piece of fuzz, no big deal. Oh, did you think I was going to kiss you? Sorry but... I can't." He had this look on his face the whole time he said that. I knew that look it was his defensive face, you could tell by his beautiful silver-grey eyes.

A/N: Hello my lovelies ;) You may have noticed that Luna and Draco switch between a first and last name basis. If you pay close attention you will also notice that what basis they're on depends on the mood they're in towards each other. Also I wanted to know if another Draco chapter should appear in the near future? Remember vote and comment!

XOXO Danielle Malfoy