Chapter 28: Draco's mum (Luna pov)

~~~~~~~~~~
The last two weeks passed by quickly. Especially because everything was perfect. Draco had quiditch practice everyday, and often came in late and tired, yet he always made time for us.

On Tuesday he did the sweetest thing ever. Draco packed up a lunch for us and we had a late-night picnic near the lake around a roaring fire. He did the sweetest things for me always opening doors, letting me go first, carrying my stuff, telling me that he loved me every second... I enjoyed every minute of our time together especially the cold nights.

Draco made me feel like I was the only girl in the world and I loved him more than anyone had ever loved anyone else. I couldn't get over the fact that it was Friday I was meeting his parents tomorrow. Mostly his mother, but I would at least see his father.

I wondered what we would do once we were a his house. Draco and I couldn't be so openly affectionate and we definitely couldn't sleep in the same room. Just as I thought that Draco trudged in through the door and motioned for us to go to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~Next Day~~~~~~~~~

I was suddenly nervous as we boarded the Hogwarts express. My heart beat a little faster at the idea of going to Draco's manor for over a week. He and I would have some alone time, wouldn't we? I mentally shrugged off the thought as we moved towards our compartment.

We were caught off guard at the sight of all of our friends in the compartment.

"Um, you guys have assigned compartments you know." Draco said pointing in the direction of the list.

"We know by the compartments are big for a reason. I thought we should take advantage of that." Theo stated.

I rolled my eyes. He was such a smart aleck. For once I wish that he could have left us alone, I wanted to talk to Draco about what I would do while at his house.

"So what're we going to do to pass the time?" Draco asked.

"Exploding snap." Harry replied.

I shook my head as he got the set from his luggage and set it up. An hour later and I gave up and watched. I sucked at the game, it seemed that every time I touched the pieces they exploded. I was left out of the final round, watching Theo and Harry have at it. Harry won, much to no one's surprise.

"HA! In your face Theo! Woohoo, lets go again. Who's next?" Harry shouted. He looked around at each of us and saw our reluctance.

"Okay then, I guess I'm just too good. You're all scared of my awesome skills." Harry taunted.

"Okay Harry set the board up, lets go. I let you win last time, no this time though I will beat your golden snitch socks off." Draco said.

Draco lost. Harry's snitch socks were, in fact not knocked off. Draco did have to bend down and kiss Harry's feet and say "I am no match for you, most high Harry Potter", much to everyone's amusement.

By then it was time for the train to reach King's Cross station. Everyone grabbed they're normal clothes and took turns using the compartment to change. After everyone was finished we gathered our luggage and waited for the train to stop. When it did we all walked out laughing and joking. As soon as everyone saw their parents and relatives,and in Harry and I's case the people who were picking us up, the sobered up quickly. There were many hugs and early "Happy Christmases" exchanged before our group separated.

As Draco searched for his parents I got suddenly nervous. What would she think of me? Would she hate me immediately or like me? I was aware that her opinion wouldn't sway Draco's love for me but it's usually best to get along with possible future in-laws.

"There she is! Right over there." Draco said, pointing toward a space in between two columns.

His mother was beautiful and intimidating. She seemed genuinely pleased to see us and she hugged Draco so hard I heard the breath rush out if him.

"It's so good to see you again son. I have missed you and so has your father. Have you been eating enough, you look really thin. Have you been top of your classes? Have you been getting enough sleep, just look at the shadows under your eyes! Have you had time to Christmas shop if not we can g-." Mrs Malfoy trailed off when she saw Draco put his arm around my waist and pull me closer to him.

"Mother, this is Luna." He said.

"Oh my! You're absolutely gorgeous! Has Draco been good to you? Have you had a good year? Has Draco been behaving himself? Does he-"

"Mother! That's enough unless you want to stay here until Christmas. Now lets get going." Draco interrupted.

He held my hand and told me to hold on, before I knew what was happening we apparated to his manor. It was absolutely beautiful, I was stunned at the sheer size of it. Magnificent hedges formed a wall blocking the view if the outside world, a large fountain spouted sparkling water from an angelic figure' mouth, the path to the manor was neat cobblestone and every detail of the property cast a beautiful air about the place.

I walked slowly behind Draco as he walked into the manor, holding the door open for us women. I gasped as I entered. The inside was even more beautiful than the outside. The marble-like walls brightened the place up and made it seem open and airy. A grand staircase sprouted up in the middle of the entry room and branched off as it made its way up to the various floors. The elegant gold trimming around doorknobs and the chandelier made me look around in awe for whatever else this wonderful manor was hiding.

"Well, I'll let you take her up to her room and get her settled. I expect that you're tired from your long trip so I'll leave you two be. If you need me for any reason I'll be in the study. Oh! I almost forgot, Draco, after you get her settled take Luna on a tour of our home. Well I must be going, it was a pleasure meeting you Luna." Mrs. Malfoy said.

"It was nice meeting you as well, Mrs. Malfoy." I said shyly.

Her bell-like laughed echoed through the grand foyer. "There's no need for formalities my dear. Call me Narcissa, I insist."

I nodded and she left, her high heels clicking down through the corridor. I laughed out loud and surprised myself.

"What is so funny, my beautiful woman?" Draco asked.

"It's just your mother, she's so enchanting. I thought she would hate me!"

"My mother hate you? No, never. You're the most enchanting woman to ever walk through theses halls, and the most beautiful. She could never hate you, especially when she knows that you might be the one to carry on the Malfoy line."

I was surprised. Me a mother of Draco's child. The idea created a niche in my mind, it was the most perfect thing I could think of. A little Draco jr. How amazing, I was amazed at my thought process. I thought that would never want a child but now I could almost glimpse a small boy with stormy grey eyes and tousled blonde locks.

"You want children?"

"Of course I do. Why wouldn't I?"

"I never thought about it before, but the idea is really appealing. A small Draco running around, that's what you e infected my mind with now." I said.

"Trust me, you would not want a small Draco on your hands, much too mischievous."

I raised an eyebrow at him, "Oh,really?"

"Yes, I've been known to raid a few cookie jars and I'm pretty sure that a child of mine wouldn't pass up the opportunity."

I laughed and followed him up the stairs, swearing the whole time that I could hear the sound of heels clicking away from where we had just been.