Chapter 33: Happy Christmas (Luna pov)

~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up on Christmas Eve in Draco's arms. I kissed him and went to take a shower. I dressed in one the fancy dresses Narcissa had bought me. It hugged my curved perfectly and showed my small baby bump. The blood red dress was layered so that each layer was longer than the next, it went to about mid-calf.

Draco wrapped his arms around me and placed his hands on my stomache. I leaned into him and felt as if life was as close to perfection as possible.

"I love you," I whispered.

"I love you more," Draco said.

Draco's dress robes were obviously custom made and they looked expensive. I almost didn't want to touch him.

Draco walked me down the three flights of stairs. I felt very sore after the previous few days and winced.

"You're so rough Draco, I'm a little sore." I accused, Draco turned away smiling.

When he left me with Narcissa I didn't see him again for almost three hours. The Malfoys held an annual Christmas party every Christmas Eve and the last minute details were being rushed through. I had to decorate the entrance hall trees, all twelve of the 14 foot tall trees. I was almost dead on my feet by the time the guests started coming.

I felt a pair of strong arms around me and heard Draco say "The trio and Ginny should be here any minute now."

"What? I didn't know you invited them."

Draco just shrugged. Then Ginny and Hermione came in. I squealed and rushed to greet them. Hours later dinner was served and I didn't need to throw up once. I remember thinking 'Good baby' and patting my stomache when no one was looking.

At last it was present exchanging time. I rushed up to gather everyone's presents then came back down with my arms piled high.

"Attention everyone! There is a certain way to exchange gifts, so pay attention. After I'm finished talking go around and place a gift at your friends' chairs and don't open them until everything has been given out. Alright, let the giving begin!' Mr. Malfoy boomed.

Laughs and shouts rang out as everyone exchanged playful banter while exchanging gifts. After I deposited all of the presents I went back to my seat and found a medium-sized pile. A couple more minutes passed and all of the seats were occupied.

"One, two, three... OPEN!" Lucius called.

I tore into the small gift on the top and found a small pair of diamond earrings. The next present was a large make-up set. I also got various books, candy, jewelry, an enchanted quill set, and a variety of clothing. None of my presents said "From Draco". I felt very dissapointed.

I turned to watch Draco open the rest of his presents. When he opened the Firebolt 2 Harry screamed across the table, "Hey, no fair. Its almost cheating to ride that, it goes so fast!"

Everyone laughed. After all presents were opened Lucius stood up to give a speech.

"Okay, now that all of the presents are opened, I just wanted to wish every–"

"Wait! Luna forgot to open a present." Draco interrupted.

"What? No I haven't," then I looked to where he was pointing.

A small red velvet box lie on the marble floor beside my chair. The tag read "From Draco." I started to get out of my chair to pick it up but was interrupted by a "Here, let me."

In one fluid moment Draco sank down to one knee with the velvet box opened. Inside was a ring so beautiful it made me blink. The band was in the shape of two small snakes in circular form who held a large heart-shaped diamond between the open mouths. The snakes were white gold and the diamond had the signature Malfoy 'M' carved into it.

"Luna, I love you more than life itsself and could think of no one that I would rather spend the rest of my life with. I want to grow old with you and have lots of children, I want to make you happy and never hurt you. I want to make you my wife because no one else can make me feel the way you do. Luna Lovegood, will you marry me?"

I sniffled, "Yes! Of course I will, I love you!"

Then the room eruoted in cheers and wolf whistles as I kiss Draco longer than appropriate. Finally someone cleared thier throat. We broke apart grinning like idiots. The partiers converged on us and passed us around until it was time to leave.

Draco and I stood by the doors and said "Goodbye, Happy Christmas!" to all the guests.

After I said goodnight to Draco's parents we headed to bed. That night I whisered "Happy Christmas" and just let my fiancee hold me.