Chapter 24: Day of Events (Draco/Luna pov)

~~~~~~~~~~

I shivered as Draco traced patterns on my forearms with his finger tips. My skin was tingling all over, and my breathing was slightly ragged. Draco stopped tracing for a moment and I looked up at him. He was staring deeply into my eyes, I could see the love in his eyes. The eyes are windows to the soul, as my father used to say.

Then he said, "We should go make ourselves visible. Everyone will want to know where we've been this morning."

I sighed but got out of bed anyway. I slightly cringed when I got to my feet, my body was a little sore. My cringing didn't escape Draco's eye, he walked over to me and took me into his arms.

"I'm sorry that I hurt you Luna. I got to carried away, I should have been gentle." Draco sounded really guilty.

This happened to everyone right? It wasn't his fault. I couldn't let him think that it was. I shook my head no.

"It's not your fault. I'm pretty sure that its just the first time, that's all." I smiled at him tentatively.

Draco sighed and shook his head. He pulled on his pants and shirt then wait for me to get dressed. I tried to get dressed quicker than I was ready for. A small pain in my lower region was the result of trying to move to quickly.

Before Draco and I left the room I glanced over my shoulder and caught sight of a small blood stain streaked across the green silk sheets.

~~~~~~At lunch (Draco pov)~~~~~~

Theo immediately wanted to know where I had been all morning. I told him that I had some things to attend to. Theo grunted something incomprehensible and went back to his sandwich.

Luna seemed quiet at lunch. She barely spoke and when she did it was only to answer a direct question. Ginny noticed, and looked at me questioningly. I just shook my head.

After moment Hermione grew tired of the silence ensuing our meal. "So! What are we doing today?"

I shrugged and saw that Luna barely even acknowledged Hermione's question. Ginny and Theo both had something to say though.

"Maybe we could go to Hogsmead! Or maybe a picnic?" Theo suggested.

"In this weather? I don't think so, you would freeze to death before you got down the path. We should go swimming instead." Ginny stated.

"What the hell, Ginny?! It's too cold to walk, it's too cold to breathe, it's too cold. There's no way we could swim. Besides the water is all frozen almost a foot deep on the lake." I said, trying to make Ginny see sense.

Even Luna payed attention to Ginny's absurdity. Ginny let out a big "humph!" and rolled her eyes.

"Of course we can't go swimming outside, we'd get hypothermia. I was meaning that we could swim in the prefects bathroom, the large one." Ginny did have a point.

Theo was already nodding earnestly, and Hermione was smiling. I looked at Luna, "What do you say? Are you up to it?" I asked.

Luna scrunched up her nose in thought, she looked so cute when she did that.

"I don't want to get caught, it would be bad for us to get into trouble again." Luna antagonized.

"Luna! Come on, you are the head girl. No one can punish you except teachers, what teacher will be in the prefect bathroom? Exactly, none. So come on have a little fun." Hermione said.

I was personally shocked that Hermione suggested that Luna break the rules. Apparently Luna was too, she had her mouth open in shock. Luna looked back at me before making a final decision.

"Oh, alright. I'll go, just hide me if the party gets busted up." Luna said, smiling.

We all laughed at her joke and headed backed to our dorms.

An hour later we were all standing outside of the bathroom door in our swimming attire. Luna looked beautiful in the bikini she was wearing. It was lavender with small ruffles, it made her eyes look a soft blue color. She was so beautiful I wanted to take her into my arms and dare anyone to touch her, but I resisted.

We all filed into the once-abandoned bathroom. I was the last one in so I had to lock the door and activate the occupied symbol, which was observable from outside.

Twenty minutes after arriving, the pool-like bath was filled with water (minus the soap). I was the first to dive in, followed by Theo and Ginny. Luna was hanging around the edge for a moment and Ginny was sending a patronus to Harry.

Harry came only minutes later and the stragglers joined us in the pool. A major water fight ensued and I swam quickly to find Luna. She was at the other end of the pool and I raced towards her. Luna was eventually in my arms and just in time because a magic induced wave came sailing over us, if we weren't soaked before we were then.

Luna molded to my body, our breaths mingling, and our lips touching. I gently kissed her but she wanted more from it, Luna kissed back forcefully. Before I knew it her legs were wrapped around me and I was the only thing supporting us in the water. Several throats cleared in the background but we couldn't stop.

"Draco! Wait till you get to the dorm, Jesus!" Someone shouted.

Just then a mysterious wave knocked us under, ruining the moment. Luna came up first, spluttering and gasping. I came up glaring. Theo laughed so hard I thought he would drown, I hoped he would strangle just a bit. Harry, Ginny and Hermione also laughed but not quite as obnoxiously.

I had to laugh after a minute and Luna joined. After another hour of playing around we all dried off and started to leave. Harry and Ginny left first, claiming that they had other business. Then Hermione took off with Theo trailing her.

"Wait up!" Theo shouted towards the retreating Hermione.

Hermione obliged and waited for him to catch up.

"Where are you going?" Theo asked.

I snorted, what an obvious question. They were too far away to hear me though as I chuckled lightly.

"Um...Gryffindor Tower, why?" Hermione was confused.

"I j-just wanted to know if I could walk you up, you know so you wouldn't be lonely." Theo said, hopefully.

"Yeah...sure." She said shyly.

As Luna and I walked away I saw Theo grab her hand be fore they rounded the corner. They would be good for each other. I was glad that I had Luna, like Harry had Ginny and Theo might have Hermione. I hoped nothing would ever change that, I was in love with her.