Chapter 10: Friendship hurts (Draco/Luna p.o.v)

Chapter 10: Friendship hurts (Draco/Luna pov)
~~~~~~~~~
Draco:
About a month passed in this way Blaise would sit with us,study with us and annoy the hell out of me. Luna would sit with Neville at dinner and Blaise and I would be left to our selves. Several times Neville walked Luna to our dorm, past curfew, this was making me jealous to the point of anger.

I passed the month by brooding over Neville and Luna. My feelings for Luna deepened and I could barely stand for her to like Neville more than me. So my life basically ended when he asked her out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Luna:
Blaise was really funny, the way he was always teasing Draco. I had to laugh every time that the three of us spent time together. Of course I still ate dinner with Neville, that was how I realized that my feelings for Neville had wavered. There was someone new on my mind these days but he was untouchable, Draco.

That one name could make my heart beat faster, could make me almost feel like I did toward Neville. I just had to get over this little crush because all that he and I could be were friends. My feelings for him had really began when I had that nightmare, just lying there in his rock hard arms felt right.

Then just when my heart was about to be torn in half in between Neville and Draco, Neville made the first move.

Neville walked me back to my dorm like usual but this time instead of saying bye quickly, he stayed for a while. He talked about us and how he had been wrong to dump me and all kinds if stuff like that. I tuned most of it out all I cared about was what was coming next.

He slowly leaned in and kissed me, a soft but hungry kiss, it was filled with passion. I was shocked for a second but I quickly kissed him back. When we pulled back for air he said "I'm sorry for being so stupid, can you forgive me?"

"Of course Neville I still love you" I automatically replied.

"Good, because there was something I've wanted to ask you for a while now. Do you want to go out with me?" He shot me dazzling smile and I wouldn't, couldn't say no so I replied with a kiss.

After a minute I said the password to the portrait, we went inside and sat on the love seat. I started to do homework but Neville started kissing me, he was so distracting.

After a while I heard the portrait open and I pulled away, fearing Mcgonagal. It was only Draco, he looked pained to see Neville and I break away from kissing.

He shook his head slightly and walked to his room.

"Neville I think it's time you head back before it gets to late." I said, I didn't want him to get in trouble for being out of bed after hours.

He nodded and kissed me goodbye, I watched him leave and a piece of my heart went with him. I couldn't help but feel guilty though, I knew I had something to do with the look on Draco's face. He looked pained.

Just then he walked out of his room and looked around like he was expecting Neville to pop out of the broom closet.

"So are you really dating that prick now?" That's a nice way to start a conversation.

"Yeah, but what's it to you?" I said, I probably sounded like a defiant toddler.

"I just don't think that... Never mind." He looked a little sad about this and I couldn't understand why this would matter to him.

"You don't think that what Draco? He's good enough for me? Like you would understand, you and I aren't really even friends Draco like I need your opinion."

Pain flashed through his eyes, then he put up his shield again. A new hardness came into his eyes.

"Yeah I thought we were friends, but I guess not Luna. Did you think for one second that I didn't actually want to be your friend? Tell me then why I compromised my social status just to punch someone for you? Did I do it because I like hitting people? No because I effin think you are a good person. You're smart, funny... Beautiful." He started out yelling and gradually came down to a whisper, he was so quiet at the end I almost didn't hear him say beautiful.

"I'm not weak Draco! I didn't need you to punch someone for me, do you think I've never been made fun of once in my damned life?! Well I have and you were the one who started it, there is no need to be hypocritical Draco. Next time you want to defend me think of all the times I cried myself to sleep because of you!" I told myself I wouldn't cry but I did.

He stood there shocked. There was no other way to say it he looked like I had killed him.

"I'm not that person anymore Luna, I defended you because I care. I know I was on the giving end of the deal once but is sorry not good enough for you? I thought we had established that I was the good guy now, or do you think that I'm just another stupid, arrogant, status-obsessed Slytherin? Well I'm not anymore and if you can't accept that then maybe we shouldn't be..." He cut off but I knew what he wanted to say.

"We shouldn't be what? Friends? Maybe being friends with a stupid death eater was a mistake in the first place! This, us, is over bye Malfoy!"

He clenched his left arm, the arm where the dark mark was. He gave me a look, the 'you killed me on the inside look', before his eyes turned as hard as stone. His once silver-grey eyes were now onyx black. He glared at me and I shivered.

We just stood there until the portrait door opened and Mcgonagal came in.