Chapter 6: Slytherin Prince (Draco p.o.v)

Chapter 6: Slytherin Prince (Draco's p.o.v)

~~~~~~~~~~

The day started with me walking in on Luna half naked; a perfect way to begin the school year. I was really embarrassed, I mean I saw more than I admitted to her. Then there was breakfast, when my fellow Slytherins saw the seating arrangement they were all for skipping breakfast. Most of them who had learned their lesson had went and sat with people who would tolerate them. I didn't know of anyone who would tolerate me after what a jerk I had been to everyone.

I stood there by myself, eating a muffin. I didn't want to get associated with the Slytherins again, so I was alone. They kept giving me glances like they were wondering why I wasn't with them. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the one person who would tolerate me: Luna.

She sat down at a table, alone. She looked jealously at very full table across the room. I studied the table for a moment before realizing that Neville was sitting there. Maybe he and Luna were fighting, I had heard they were dating.

I turned around to see if Luna was still there. She was still there, in fact she was waving me over.

I looked behind me to make sure it was me she was meaning. After I checked, I walked over to her, greatful that she would still talk to me after I walked in on her.

When I sat down I said, "Thanks for letting me sit here. You know after what happened this morning... I thought you would be mad."

She stopped chewing for a moment and said, "No of course not, it was an accident. Besides I was only a little bit embarrassed, um how much did you see anyway?"

I felt my cheeks heat up, just knowing that I couldn't tell her the whole truth. It took a minute to get my mouth to work but I finally said, "Erm, not much I mean. You had your pants on..." Wow, not a complete lie she did have pants on she was just minus a top, not that it was a bad thing. Woah, did I just think of Luna as hot?

After my comment breakfast was ate in an awkward silence, well so much for that. I finally broke the silence.

"Luna what classes do you have? I have herbology 1st, potions 2nd, transfiguration 3rd, charms 4th, astronomy 5th, care of magical creatures 6th and divination 7th." I don't even know where that came from.

She looked a little frustrated for moment. "We have all but divination together, I have muggle studies instead."

Wow almost all classes together. Maybe I could make her like me, as a friend. I guess that I had all year to try. But now we needed to get to class. So I stood up and made for the door with Luna behind me. When we finally reached the indoor herbology classroom Luna had to sit with me.

She seemed pretty uncomfortable and kept throwing glances at Neville and the group surrounding him. For some reason that made me extremely jealous. But why should that matter, I mean we weren't even friends yet.

We were so close at that desk our legs kept touching. It was very distracting, but Luna was to entranced in Neville to notice. So too keep my weirdly jealous mind off of it, I wrote down notes very diligently.

Class finally ended and I was eager to leave, to escape from the awkward feeling. I ran quickly out of the classroom and saw some Slytherins waving me over. I sent one quick, fleeting look in Luna's direction before walking up to them. We walked in silence before Blaise Zabini spoke up, "So what have you been up to lately Draco? Have you been thinking of ways to make this stupid school year memorable?"

I didn't really want to be with them, but I needed to see if some of them had changed. "Uh yeah, I wanted to make this year different. I think that not being under my fathers influence will help," I answered.

"I know exactly what you mean Draco. My father was a cruel bastard, who taught me all the wrong things," Theodore Nott, the only sytherin who seemed to get me, said.

"So basically you have grown soft? What happened to being the Slytherin prince, Draco? Are you too good for us now is that it, because I think that every since Potter saved your ass you have been different." Blaise said, trying to be difficult.

During this whole thing Pansy had stayed quiet. Which was odd for her, she was the most annoying person I know.

As soon as I thought that, she chose to speak, "Draco? Did you really sleep with Looneylast night? 'Cos that's what people have been saying, if you have, we are so over I can't have you cheating on me with a blood traitor."

Those last two words infuriated me I could feel my fists clench at those two judgmental words.

I thought that after the war everyone would drop the whole blood status thing, but apparently not. My father may have drilled it into my head but I was making an effort to change. Why couldn't they?

Blaise took advantage of my brooding silence and made a very nasty comment. "Really Malfoy? A blood traitor, I've known you to sleep with some weird Chics but this is a little extreme. Come on didn't she dirty your blood, after all she must be a dirty girl." Those last words were too much.

I don't know why I felt the need to protect Luna, but I did, and before I knew what was happening, I swung my already clenched fist and hit him squarely in the jaw. He fell to the ground and started yelling profanities at me, but I was already walking away.

"I guess this means you did cheat on me! Well if you apologize I will excuse you this one time Draco! Turn around and answer me dammit!" Pansy yelled, but I just kept walking.

She honestly thought that I still wanted her, well if there was anything that punch made me realize it was that I was just a little bit interested in Luna,as more than a friend.

I didn't know how to act on this newly discovered feeling but I would have to worry about that later, because I saw a very furious looking Mcgonagal striding towards me...

A/N: So do you like my Draco p.o.v or not? Leave comments to let me know and don't forget to vote!

XOXO Danielle Malfoy