Chapter 1 Doctor D

Chapter 1 'Doctor D'

A pounding wakes me from my state of unconsciousness- the sound breaking through my mind like an entourage of elephants. The door rattles in agony, barely holding on to its hinges. As my mind wanders, I consider to just going back to sleep. But the unknown stranger that pounds my door would not let me fall back into my usual dreamless state. Instead, the stranger growls and that's when I know that I was in big trouble.

I shot up from my mattress, whimpering as my back aches from the strain. I quickly fold my ratty blanket, placing it on the lumpy mattress and get up to open the door. As I reach for the handle, the door slams open, connecting with my face. My head ricochet against the wall as the motion passes to me. The blow is so sudden, so strong that I quickly pass out.

The sound of wind is what wakes me. The occasional flutter as it blows across the room. I opened my eyes and quickly sit up. This time not only did my back ache, but so did my head. Someone pushes me firmly back onto the mattress and that's when I noticed him. His brooding eyes stares at me and I looked down at my hands showing my submission. I recognize his scent to be the man who pounded on my door, and the pulsing power of dominance that is coming off from him made me realize that he was my alpha.

'I I, I'm s-sorry alpha, I will return to my duties immediately.' My voice trembles and my hands shake with fear. I try again to get up, but his hand restrains me.

'No.' He says.

'What-what do you mean alpha? The children will be waiting for me. I promised to cook them their favourites today.' My hands no longer twitches in fear, it was now in agitation and annoyance. I always lived up to my promises. Always. One alpha was not going to stop me.

He looks at me with amusement, probably at my sudden change of attitude. I had surprised not only him but myself also. He quickly morphs his features, feigning anger and rumbling out,

'The pups have already been fed, and you should not have slept in if you wanted to feed them.'

I looked down, shame clouding my mind and return to apologizing again, 'I'm sorry. It won't happen again.'

'It better not.' He stood up, flourishing his 6 foot something height infront of me. 'You have the day off, but I expect you to have breakfast ready as usual tommorow.' He finished huskily, stroding off and closing the door roughly.

I stared at the ceiling wondering how I'm going to get through today. Everything hurts. And that arrogant alpha never even apologised for bashing me with the door! He is just as bad as them. My back is even sorer now and my head throbs. I wonder if this is what it feels like to be hungover.

I make eye contact with the doctor across the room who made his way to me with a gentle smile.

'Don't mind him, he's always like that even when he was a child. And I would know better than anyone else.' The doctor said to me quietly. He looked like a younger version of the alpha, less rugged and arrogant. His hair was a lighter shade and his eyes were blue, unlike the raging storm battling in alpha Donovan's.

Wait up, why am I comparing them? I shook my head meantally and looked up at Doctor Donovan who smirks at my state of confusion. I guess arrogance is hereditary.

Doctor Donovan smirks at me, obviously catching my goggly eyes on him as they travel up and down his um toned body.

'Checking me out I see Miss Evelyn, I thought you had better things to do like feeding the children for example.' He said with humour, his ocean eyes twinkling with the sun's glare. I notice that although he made a jab at me about 'checking him out' he was doing the same to me, his perusal bringing a flush to my already hot cheeks.

'Says you Mister, eyes off the patient!' I acclaim, trying to cover my embarrassment.

'But I haven't even started examining you yet Miss Evelyn! And I can already see from your recent injuries that you will need another check up soon just in case.' He suggestively replied, his eyebrows moving in agitation.

I chuckle at his daring reply, my eyes travelling to the heavy clock on the peach painted walls. It was intricately made, the hands of the clocks so thin and brittle looking as if it would break in any tick. The doctor notices my fascination and swaggers over to it with a swing in his step, he takes the clock off the wall and strides towards me, gently handing the wooden clock over. I trace the outline of the carving and the intricate design on the hard block. I have never seen something made with so much care before, in so much detail and thought. The doctor evidently agreed with me as he stared down at the clock in wonder.

'My brother made that'

My head snap back as I stare at the doctor in shock. How could a man so arrogant, brutal and violent make something with so much care? My mouth was agape as I looked at the doctor, noting his surprise at my dismissal.

'My brother is quite good at woodwork if you haven't already known. He helped build this pack house with my father, and I was always the one that would bandage them up when an accident happened or when Jackson tried to do some other stupid thing.' The Doctor said to me, half smiling, but his face remaining serious.

'Like this one time, he thought that it would be fun to put a bucket of mud on top of the entrance door to the pack house- thinking that it was going to be me going through the door. Unfortunately for him, there was a visiting alpha who proceeded to get drenched in the mud and crap that fell' Doctor D laughs, his eyes crinkling in the corners.

'My mother chased him around the house for a spanking, and Jackson jumped out of the balcony onto the bush. He wasn't hurt too badly, but man he got into deep trouble.'

I admit, I wasn't totally focused on his story, and instead, am staring at the look of animation in Doctor D's face; in his ocean blue eyes and the sound of his deep chuckles. I gaze at his pretty boy features, at the strong jaw and cheekbones that resembles so much like Alpha Jackson's.

Doctor D notices me staring again, but instead of his usual perverted comments, he stares unflinchinly into my brown eyes, causing me to blush and break the connection. I'm sure that my face resembles a tomato on fire!

'I- I'm sorry Doctor D, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I know my place' I stutter, my face aflame.

Doctor D's face morphs into
amusement, and he laughs out loud, clutching his stomach.

'Doctor D? Doctor D? Ahahahahah, I must tell that to Jackson, he'll have a field day with this!' He chokes out, his face now almost resembling my burnt facade.

'You want the D don't you Miss Evelyn?' He asks me, his eyes glinting with sexual predation.