DROP IT!

"You're avoiding the subject." I point out as we walk towards the door of an unknown building.
"No. The question just has nothing to do with the topic at hand. You really should learn to focus on the job."
"Oh no. Don't you dare start making this about me."
"I'm just saying, your on trial right? I don't think that Hooch or Hoach-"
"Hotch."
"-would like you to be using work hours for socializing. But I'm just grasping at straws here, right?
"Shut up."
He grins "That's what I thought."
I hardly stop myself from giving him a quick retort. For some reason I feel even more comfortable with him than even Morgan or Spence. It's probably because he's only a consultant.
"Who lives here?"
"No one."
"Jane..."
"Literally no one. I bought this place a while ago, just in case."
"In case what?"
"Do you really have to ask? I think we both know that when I meet Red John only one of us is coming out alive."
"Oh... in case you have to go into hiding. So what are we doing here now?"
"Setting a trap."
"A trap?"
"Yes."
"Care to ellaberate?"
"No."
I groan in frustration.
"We're going to lure in who ever Red John hired."
"How?"
"By setting out bait."
"I know that! What bait though?"
"You may not like it."
"What is it?" I growel.
"Us."
He ducks as I whip around to face him.
"Relax! I'm not gonna slap you!"
"Hmmm.. really? That's usually the general reaction to most of my plans."
"That's comforting."
He ignores me except for a small smile.
"Hey! What's the plan? You do have one right?"
"Of course."
"Care to let me in on it?"
"No. The answers not gonna change."
"Yes it is. If you want me to help you anyways. I'm not being bait for some plan I know nothing about."
"I guess I'll go get Grace then" he turns around "and I'll be sure to tell Hooch you aren't cooperating."
I glare at him "Fine. I'll help."
"Good. Follow me."
"And it's Hotch." I tell him as he leads me towards the house.
"What?"
"The team leader, his name is Hotchner, Hotch for short."
"Hooch, Hotch, what's the difference."
"Jane? John? Same thing right?"
"Yet again, I knew there was something I liked about you. You're a lot more fun than Lisbon."
"So.. You and Lisbon?"
"This again? I told you-"
"'It has nothing to do with the subject at hand.' Well I wasn't the one who brought her up."
"But you will be the one to drop it."
I open my mouth to start but he stops me.
"DROP IT."
"Fine." I mutter.
We walk into the building.
He picks up a few things from what apears to be his bedroom but by the time he comes back out he has it all in a bag so I can't get any specifics.
"So you aren't even going to thank me for your good nights sleep? Tsk, tsk."
"What are you talking about now?"
"At the end of our conversation I told you that you were sleepy. An extra little incentive to help you sleep."
I think back to last night when I had felt wide awake one minute and dead tired the next, it made sense.
"How did you know I was having trouble sleeping?"
"It was as clear as the bags under your eyes."
"Well thanks then. I just have one question though, how did you know you would be framed?"
"A little mouse told me."
"Did this little mouse have a name?"
He looks thoughtful but I can tell by how dramatic it is that he's faking it "I can't recall..."
"Of course." I mutter.
"You really shouldn't mumble. It's a horrible habit."
We walk to the car together in silence, not even bothing to make small talk as we drive to an unknown destination.

"Whatever I do is done out of sheer-joy; I drop my fruits like a ripe tree. What the general reader or the critic makes of them is not my concern."

Henry Miller

A/N This chapter is dedicated to the main source of the wrecking ball that broke down my writers block. Thank you Red John ;)