First Meeting Indeed

Morgan jumps out of the vehicle without thinking.

"We have to wait for the others remember?" I remind him since he looks ready to run in there himself.

"He could be preparing for the next kill already, we can't just sit here and wait 'til he's done sharpening his blades!"

"We can't go in there alone! For one he could just run out the back-"

"Not if I take the front and you run around back."

"-and two, if we do that we'll be split up and therefore more vunerable."

He still doesn't look comepletely convinced.

"Remember that case with Tobias Hankel?" I ask, grasping at straws.

"Emily told you about that?"

"Not everything. She said it wasn't her story to tell. She just said that Spence and JJ split up and then something bad happened to Spence because of it."

He hits his fist on the steering wheel "I know you're right, I just don't like feeling helpless."

"Déjavu." I say suddenly.

He smiles "Do you remember?"

"I think so... just a moment"

I close my eyes, letting my mind flood with colour, pictures from when I first met the team.

"I know this is hard, believe me, but if you know anything that could help us find your sister, you have to say it now." says an african american FBI agent.
"If I could help you I would, instantly, but I can't. I really wish I could."
"That's fine."
"No, it's not. It's really not fine. You don't know how I feel, how helpless." I feel like I should be screaming but I can hardly raise my voice above a whisper.
"Everybody has those moments. I've had a lot of them myself. That moment that I want to just run into a building and save someone's life but I know I can't because it would only put the person in more danger. I hate that feeling of helplessness, but we can't snap our fingers and make everything better. We need to wait it out and trust that the people who can do something will, and that everything will be alright."
"What's your name again?" I ask him, my first smile in quite a while toying on my lips.
"Morgan. Derek Morgan."
"I'm Erica" I face palm myself "and you already know that."
"We've never actually been introduced properly."
"Well now we are."
"Indeed."

My eyes snap open and I look wide eyed at Morgan "I remember when we first met. I don't know how I could've forgotten."

"Do you remember anything else?"

I think hard and frown. "Unfortunatly, no."

"I'm sure it'll come to you, the more time you spend on the team."

"Indeed." I say with a grin.

"Basic human contact - the meeting of eyes, the exchanging of words - is to the psyche what oxygen is to the brain. If you're feeling abandoned by the world, interact with anyone you can."
Martha Beck