Identification please

"We can't do any good here, lets go to the station and look over the facts." Hotch says after Morgan's played himself into the UnSub's shoes. It was fasinating how he did that and, to tell you the truth, outright impressive. I could never picture myself that good at what I do.

We follow him, Reid and the others sprouting ideas but me hanging back a bit. I felt like I didn't belong there. The only time since I started that I have felt entirely welcome is when Morgan and I were joking around and we weren't even suposed to be doing that. I have to do something big to get myself noticed and get Hotch's approval. I didn't know what yet, but I hoped it would come naturally.

"So the victims are different ages, heights, have different hair and eye colours... the only thing that connects them so far is their gender." Morgan says.

"But there must be more to it than that." Reid reasoned "there always is somthing that makes them a target to the UnSub. It could be the smallest of things but there still has to be somthing."

He takes his phone out of his pocket and dials a number "Garcia, can you find as much backstory on the victims as you can and send it to me?"

"You got it sweet-cheeks!" I startle at her voice. I hadn't known it was on speaker.

"Thanks."

He sees us looking at him and explains "I'm going to look for a connection between the victims."

"Good idea. JJ, you should probably hold a press conference soon. I'll talk to the police chief some more and Morgan" he turns "you should go back to the crime scenes and see if you can figure out anything else." he starts to leave but seems to realize that he didn't tell me anything so he stops.

"I'll help Reid." I offer imediately.

He nods and continues on his way.

"I doubt boy wonder there needs any help." Morgan tells me "but you can always stand next to him if you want to look good."

"Shut up" I punch him on the shoulder, but only weakly so that he'll know I'm only kidding "it's better than standing here doing nothing."

"Better hurry if you want to catch him. He can go fast with those long legs of his."

I look behind me to realize he's right. Reid is nowhere in sight.

"You can give me a ride since you distracted me."

"I can? I feel so privileged!"

I roll my eyes.

"Come along then your majesty."

I follow him to his black SUV and slide into the passenger seat.

"Does he walk places on his own often?" I ask as Morgan slides into the drivers side.

"Reid?" I nod "Yeah. If no one drives him. He has a drivers license but prefers not to drive."

"I do too." I say.

"Why?"

"In my case I think it's mostly laziness, but I am a really bad driver so people are probably safer without me at the wheel."

He shakes his head "Probably."

"You're not suposed to agree with me!" I exclaim, causing both of us to laugh.

The ride is silent the rest of the way but it's not uncomfortable at all.

"See you." I say as I unbuckle my seat belt and reach for the door handle.