The cabin

"How will we know where to go?" I ask Hotch as he comes in.

"We can easily tail the officers to the cabin from here."

I start walking away to join Morgan and Spence but he stops me.

"Rossi's going with them, you're with us."

JJ gives me a small smile as I hop into the vehicle with her and Hotch.

When we get there we quickly regroup to talk about how we're going to do this.

"The police chief has scaned the area and says that he can clearly see her and Mark inside." Hotch turns to me "You saw how Morgan was talking Henry down. It's your turn to do it."

"What? How?" I ask in a panic.

"Try to be her friend. She seems to feel alone in all of this. Maybe you can convince her otherwise."

I look around at the others to see all of them but Hotch giving me encouraging smiles.

I nod and start walking into the building.

Deep breaths, don't panic.

"Hey Jessica. Jess? Can I come in? I'm not going to hurt you."

"Fine. But put your gun on the floor."

"Okay." I put it down and slide it in between the two of us.

"What do you want? Do you want to save him?"

"No, I want to understand."

"Understand what? Understand how for two years I stayed with this sorry escuse for a man. Him treating me like I was nothing the whole time? At least 'til I threatened to leave, then he showered me with gifts and complements. He deserves to die for how he treats people, not just me, he treats everyone like this, he doesn't care about anybody and nobody cares about him."

"You don't really want to do this. If you did would've done it already. When you live with someone for that long, some of the feelings have to have been real. You can't turn those feelings off completely. Just let him go." I tell her.

"I just can't live like this!" she says suddenly "Slowly getting worse, never knowing which breath will be my last."

I watch helplessly as Jessica pushes Mark towards us and pulls the trigger on herself.

"If you look at the Earth without architecture, it's sometimes a little bit unpleasant. So there is this basic human need to do shelter in the broadest sense of the word, whether it's a movie theater or a simple log cabin in the mountains. This is the core of architecture: To provide a space for human beings."
Peter Zumthor