A Chance Taken

Chapter 24

(A Chance Taken)

Ramiero was anything but pleased. Angry he threw a goblet across the room smashing into the far wall. “Where is she?!” Angry amber eyes looked over at Poseidon’s son by the viewing pool. “You should’ve found her by now!”

“Willem has her and he’s probably keeping her far away from water,” Saar replied irritated his abilities were being questioned. “He’s probably got her in his lair!” He added a moment later.

“She’ll turn up but we may have to wait,” Ardin told his brother. Ramiero looked at him less than approving. “Until Poseidon’s daughter comes into contact with water no one is going to find her. Not us or anyone else.”

“The viewing pool.” All eyes fell on a slender girl with reddish-orange short straight hair cut in a bob. It took Ramiero a moment to remember the girl’s name was Aisling and she was the offspring of the titan Theia. “Should she touch the pool it will reveal the location of Willem’s den.”

“Why would she do that?” Ramiero asked sounding annoyed.

“Willem took Ford. If he harms her guardian Kailani will not take it well. Chances are she will try to get to any form of water to alert Narissa where she is. Kailani probably doesn’t know enough about the viewing pools or how detection works to realize she’d alert everyone as to where she is.”

“She’s right,” Ardin agreed. “We’re just going to have to wait.” Looking at the younger demigoddess he added, “Should you see something…”

“I will tell you,” Aisling assured them. Ramiero nodded but didn’t comment. Aisling’s abilities were more psychic than vision. She was not a powerful demigoddess. In truth he wasn’t even sure why the girl had followed him. He had never wasted his time with her in the past.

**

Kailani was quiet as Willem and a few of the others looked over some map. She didn’t know why they were looking at a map and in truth she didn’t care. She’d been with Willem for two days now and couldn’t wait to get away from him. The only thing she didn’t know of was how.

‘I’m missing something,’ Poseidon’s daughter thought to herself. Willem had been careful to make sure she wouldn’t be detected. He’d even turned off the fountain and emptied it of water.

Kailani let out a huff before her eyes fell on Dover. ‘Of course,’ she thought to herself seeing the offspring of Oceanus. Poseidon’s daughter felt foolish she hadn’t thought of the viewing pool sooner. While it was used for many things it was also full of water. The one source of water Willem couldn’t eliminate. The only question was how to get to it without being stopped.

“Kai.”

“Ford!” I said and quickly went to him.

“Don’t touch…”

“Ouch!” Kailani cried out as she touched the bars. She grasped her left hand that had been shocked. Looking at her hand she found a bright red mark over her palm and the ends of her fingers.