Change is in the Air 31

Demitri blinked a few times before his eyes fully opened. Stone walls looked back at him. At first he was confused but was quickly replaced as he remembered being in the process of escaping with Kailani only to have Marius show up. He vaugly remembered someone putting something over his mouth before everything went blank. He sat up quickly and instantly felt dizzy.

"Careful, Demitri. Slowly," Tyra told Artemis' son gently taking hold of him as he began to sway a little too much. "You had more chloroform then was intended," the brown haired water demi-goddess told him.

"Kailani," Demitri said not hiding his concern.

"Don't worry she's fine," She assured him. "Marius won't hurt her."

"Where is she?" He asked.

Tyra couldn't help but feel a sense of compassion for him. Here he was not fully stable himself but his concern was for Poseidon's daughter. Just as Kailani's concern had been Demitri. "I'll ask Marius if you can see her."

"Thank you," Demitri replied. Tyra made sure he was alright and then left the room. She closed the door and turning around jumped as she was suddenly face to face with Marius.

"Is he awake?" Marius asked.

"Yes," she replied. "He's asking about Kailani." She watched as a small frown crossed the war demigod's face. "What are you going to do? Are you going to let him see her? He's really concerned about her."

"Not yet," he replied and stepping past her he entered Demitri's cell. He saw the disappointment in Tyra's eyes but did not address it.

Demitri looked towards the door to see Marius. Calmly he watched Are's son. He was aware that Marius had saved Kailani from his brother and so far had shown no desire to needlessly kill. Still the demigod before him was a son of Ares and could change his mind in a split second. Demitri watched as the other demigod looked the stone room over and to his surprise Marius frowned.

"How long can you be in here before you experience any negative effects?" Marius asked turning his attention from the stone walls to Demitri. When Demitri remained silent he said, "I need to know so you don't reach that point."

"Why would it matter to...."

"I gave Kailani my word I wouldn't harm you Demitri, or let anyone else," he cut in.

Demitri didn't hesitate and asked, "Is that all?"

Marius sighed. "Ramiero and Ciro are not people either of us want to find the sceptre. It will not end well for either of us. Especially since Ramiero will want to punish Kailani and will more than likely want my head."

"Go on," Demitri said certain there was more to know.

"Kailani revealed something on the map all of overlooked only after I gave my word not to harm you, or any other child of Artemis," Marius admitted. "There is a section only one of you can complete. I can't force you to cooperate Demitri. Kailani has somewhat tied my hands where that's concerned. However if you help me and I succeed I can guarantee you can keep her."

"She's a person Marius not an ornament that can be passed around," Demitri replied feeling irritated. Kailani was not an object and didn't want anyone referring to her in a manner that might suggest she was.

"I didn't mean it like that," Marius said. "If my brother or Raiden win you will lose her," he warned. "I won't take her from you."

"You would've before," Demitri challenged.

"Yeah well....look there are things I am willing to do and things that I'm not willing to do. Let's just leave it at that," Marius told him as he leaned back against one of the walls.