Getting Closer

Chapter 15

(Getting closer)

Solana sat on the edge of the stone planter box and watched as her brother, Elios, and Raiden faced off as they practiced fencing. Watching the blonde boy the redhead’s thoughts were taken to her dreams from only a few days ago. Her visions of Ramiero, Marius, and Willem had chilled her but not the one of Raiden. Of the futures she saw her vision of him was far more favorable.

She remembered the sight of Zeus’ son standing on top of an overhang on a mountain looking down at Ramiero, Marius, and Willem as they were bound in chains. Ares and Hades stood among them and their godly glow was not as bright. She was certain it had meant a change in power levels though she did not know for certain.

Zeus had stood powerful and imposing looking down from a higher overhang to Raiden’s right. Others were scattered below and Zeus was passing judgment on the other gods and demigods. Anger showed on his face and he seemed to show little mercy.

Raiden’s strong and handsome face wore a pleased and even arrogant, smug smile. There was a glow about him marking him as now immortal and he was not the only one. On his right side dressed in a white gown was Kailani. Her left arm was wrapped around Zeus’ son.

Unlike the other visions Kailani did not seem to be suffering. No cruelty was shown towards her. Instead the vision had shown Kailani being treated as a goddess and Raiden keeping a protectiveness that showed possessiveness for the blonde woman. The only true harshness she saw in this vision was directed at Saar.

Solana remembered Kailani looking at Raiden with appreciative eyes; even admiration. What bothered Apollo’s daughter however was the lack of true love in Kailani’s eyes. Her vision had made it clear that Poseidon’s daughter would be at Raiden’s side but also showed it would not be a relationship full of unending love.

A frown graced her face as Solana began to understand her vision even more. Raiden would stabilize things and in at least the case of Hades and Ares would lessen their power. However it was also clear he would take Kailani for himself and while he would have everything he wanted Kailani would not hold the same feelings of the situation. She would accept but not have true happiness. The idea saddened Apollo’s daughter. She liked Kailani a lot and wanted to see her happy.

Feeling the need to speak with her father Solana left the stone planter and the fencing men and headed for the tower she occupied when needing her father. It didn’t take long and she reached the tower and quickly called on her father.

“Your visions trouble you more,” Apollo said appearing behind his favored child.

“Isn’t there anyway I can do?” Solana asked. “The futures I see are not what is best for Kailani. Yes Raiden’s is most favorable but…”

“I blocked a few of your visions,” The God of the Sun admitted. Solana’s pale blue eyes opened wide at her father’s confession. Solana didn’t need to ask the question she had the god already knew. “I would have blocked more of them if I could. Even you did not see the full vision.”

“Why would you do that?!” Solana demanded becoming upset.

“Because there is evil you did not see in those visions that would hurt you deeply,” Apollo warned. “I know how much you care about Poseidon’s daughter. I wanted to save you from suffering the full vision.”

“Is there any way there will be happiness for her?” Solana asked.

“Yes,” He replied. “I will not tell you of the vision though for you may try and force it to happen therefore changing it,” The golden haired god replied. Solana looked down disappointed and Apollo gently lifted her chin to look at him. “You’ve already chosen where you will stand.”