Awake and Angry

Chapter 2

(Awake and Angry)

It was early as Rendell entered the open lookout tower that over looked the camp and allowed the instructors to view their students in different areas.

“I assume the young lady did not react well,” Channing said upon seeing only Rendell enter without a teenage girl.

“No she did not,” The dark haired man confirmed. “It’s not abnormal.”

“No it’s not,” The blonde man agreed not hiding his disappointment. “How much does she know?”

“Margaret didn’t tell her anything until we were taking her,” Rendell replied and rubbed a hand over the back of his throbbing head. “Kailani is a force to be reckoned with when she’d mad.”

“Kailani,” Channing said saying the name. “Pretty name. Did you post a guard for when she awakens?”

“I have Conall watching her,” The dark haired man replied.

“Good,” Channing said. “She’ll either wake up and react violently again or she’ll be scared. Most girls wake up scared but then most haven’t reacted so violently you got hurt. Kailani may require a firm presence for a time.”

“Or ropes.” Channing looked back and his eyes got wide to see Stewart had a black eye and Warden not looking much better with a split lip.

“She’s stronger than she looks,” Warden remarked.

“I can see that,” Channing said unable to keep the surprise of his face as he looked over the men’s faces as well as some visible bruises on their arms. If he hadn’t known better he’d have thought they had gone after a son belonging to Ares or even Hades. The blonde man would never have expected a daughter to react so violently, especially not one belonging to Poseidon. Then again Kailani was the only daughter of Poseidon now with them. They’d had several sons from Poseidon there but never a daughter.

“Poseidon may have his hands full with Kailani,” Luke commented from where he was perched up in the tower hanging a leg out over the side.

“We’ll find out tomorrow,” Channing replied.

“Tomorrow?” Stewart questioned.

“Poseidon is coming to see her tomorrow,” The camps director informed them. “I don’t think things will be going the way he expects.”

“You might want to reschedule,” Rendell told him. “I don’t think she’ll be calm enough.”

“Are you going to tell the God of the Sea he can’t see his daughter?” Channing asked. “I’m sure as hell not.”

“Tomorrow’s going to be a long day,” Luke commented leaning back against a post. Most demigods acted unsure or scared the first time they met their godly parent.

There had been a few that had reacted violently. Most were boys but there had been a couple of girls. One had even been a daughter of Zeus but the King of the gods had quickly put the girl in her place. One had belonged to Hades who’d found it humorous. One violent girl had even belonged to Ares. She hadn’t lasted long though. Ares had gotten angry with the girl and disposed of her in front of everyone. Anyone else thinking of reacting badly had quickly reconsidered.

**

Kailani blinked as she opened her eyes. She touched the back of her head feeling it ache. Sitting up she looked around the room. “Where the hell am I?” She asked looking over the blue, green, and white room. The room was circular with windows covering three sides of it.