What to think

Chapter 26

(What to think)

Kailani’s eyes fluttered open. She moved her wrist and the sound of a chain jingled. Slowly she sat up and looked at her surroundings. It was only a moment and she remembered where she was. Ramiero had attacked Willem’s lair and he had now taken her prisoner. Her blue-green eyes scanned the area.

It was dark for the most part but there were a few glowing torches. She looked across the room to see her brother Saar was chained to the wall now. ‘I thought they were working together,” she thought to herself.

She looked from the throne on her right to the one on her left. Kailani was glad to find both thrones were empty. Feeling the touch of silk she looked down at the silk black dress that stopped a few inches above her knee that Ramiero had forced her to put on. Kailani wanted nothing more than a pair of jeans and an old t-shirt. She didn’t like the looks Ramiero had given her before she’d been ordered t put the short dress on; afterward his looks had been worse.

Kailani looked down at the chains. She frowned realizing there were metal cuffs surrounding her wrists. She doubted she could find a way to get them off. Kailani let out a quiet sigh.

“I see you’re awake.” Kailani’s eyes looked to see Ardin peering over at her. She moved her legs closer as Ardin’s eyes traveled over her. Ardin smiled at her. “I have no desire to face Ramiero’s retaliation. No one will touch you; look but not touch.”

Kailani moved her wrists frustrated. “You’re not going to get away with this.”

“I think you’ll find I will.” Kailani looked just behind her to see a very proud looking Ramiero. “I never could stop myself from collecting beautiful things.” He stepped closer to her and Kailani instantly tried to move away from the demigod. Ramiero let an amused smile cross his face as he watched her scoot away from him. To her disappointment she wasn’t able to move far.

**

Marius looked down at where Blaine lay bleeding on the table. His face was tear stricken and his body covered in gashed. Blaine had suffered long and been incompliant until Fury had been standing over him ready to cut off the one part of flesh every male valued. He’d broken instantly and answered any and all questions they had.

“It’s a shame you had to endure such pain,” Marius told the tortured man. “Now if you’ll excuse me I need to go play hero.” Marius turned around and walked out with Andrew one side and Zelda on the other.

“We better hurry there’s no telling what Ramiero might do to Kailani,” Zelda warned. Marius didn’t argue and the group quickly gathered others and headed for Ramiero’s lair.

**

“Were too late,” Tucker said disappointed as he looked at the empty lair. “Anyone could have her.”

“There has to be something to narrow down who has the girl,” Buddy said.