Her Team

Author's note: if you didn’t read about the race go back one chapter

Chapter 9

(Her Team)

Kailani watched as Narissa came walking through some trees and onto the beach. Narissa stopped and smiling at her said, “Come on we’re supposed to meet our team.”

“Our team?” Kailani questioned.

Narissa giggled and without remorse said, “I’m on Raiden’s team.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?!” Kailani playfully demanded as she started heading for the curly haired water demigoddess.

“I was afraid you’d be disappointed if you knew and Raiden didn’t win,” Narissa replied.

“You could’ve told me after he won,” Poseidon’s daughter pouted.

“Nah wanted to surprise you,” She replied with sparkling light blue eyes. Kailani shook her head and the two headed off to the fire ring to meet with their team.

**

Raiden reached the fire ring to see all the members of his team already their except for Narissa and Kailani. He knew Narissa was bringing her so headed over to where his team was meeting.

“There he is! Way to go Raiden!” Celeste said seeing the team captain walk up. “We got Kailani! We got Kailani!” She sang happily.

“Having her is going to be awesome! The girl can already walk on water!” Skylar informed him.

“She can? Since when?” Raiden asked clearly surprised.

“She did it during the race,” Justin replied. “Kailani doesn’t know how she did it but still…it’s impressive.”

“Yeah it is!” Celeste replied excited.

“Yeah but don’t go making a big deal about it,” Justin told the group. “She’s already worried about what we expect from her,” He warned.

“What do you mean?” Ruana inquired.

“Kailani did not like the whole race thing. I made it worse by calling her a prize,” The strawberry blonde demigod admitted.

“You called her a prize?!” Celeste said less than pleased, narrowing her hazel eyes at him. Justin shrugged giving a guilty nod. “I can’t believe you said that to her!”

“I didn’t mean it in a bad way I wasn’t thinking when I said it,” Justine replied quickly. “I apologized to her.”

Raiden shook his head at Athena’s son. “Kailani will have enough on her without us making it worse. Everything here is very new to her and she has a lot of adjusting to do. Think before you speak.”

“How old is she?” Aran asked.

“16.”

“Oh…Kailani. Hi, I’m Aran,” The red haired demigod told her feeling somewhat embarrassed having not heard her walk up.

“Kailani this is Celeste, Ruana, you already know Justin and Skylar, and Narissa obviously. Aran and that’s Duncan and James, and Yasmine.” Raiden announced.

“Nice to meet you,” Kailani told them feeling far more shy than she showed.

“Have a seat,” Raiden told the two girls.

“I’ll get the marshmallows!” Celeste announced jumping up in the air before heading over to a table on the outside of the ring.

“Apollo’s daughter?” Poseidon’s daughter questioned.