Stay Together Part 32

Chapter 32

(Stay Together)

Kailani smiled as she entered the stone room to see Demitri awake and sitting up in a bed. Without a second thought she rushed to him. "Demitri. Are you okay? They didn't mean for you to..."

"I know," Demitri assured the concerned girl. Gently he cupped the left side of her cheek. "Are you alright?" Kailani nodded and rubbed her cheek into his hand. "Marius could've hurt you."

"He didn't. He won't harm you either. I made him..."

"Marius mentioned you made him swear no harm to me or my siblings," Demitri interrupted. A sigh escaped him as he watched so many emotions play out on her face. Gently he pulled her cheek towards him and she moved closer before allowing him to pull her down and gently kiss her.

For a moment the two were silent before Kailani sat up and looked at Artemis' son. "What do you want me to do?" Demitri shook his head. "I need to know what you're thinking."

"You have to make this choice Kai, I can't," he told her.

"Why not? Why won't..."

"Because Marius made me an offer for my help. You have to make your decision and I will align my position with you," Demitri told her. Marius might have offered to allow him to keep Kailani but he couldn't take the chance of her feeling that she was a pawn to him.

"What offer?" Kailani asked becoming concerned.

"It doesn't matter," Demitri told her. "I won't take his offer unless you want me to."

Blue-green eyes looked away and then back at him. "You won't tell me what the offer was?" Demitri remained silent. "Will I get mad is that why you don't want to answer me?"

"You are more important to me Kailani. I don't want you to misunderstand." Poesidon's daughter went to argue and he said, "Give me your decision and I will tell you. Are you going to help Marius or not?"

"I don't want Ramiero to win," she replied. "I don't understand all of this. Would Raiden winning be bad?" she asked.

"It's not just Raiden. Ciro has entered as well. Ciro or Ramiero winning is the worst outcome. Raiden...means we cannot be together," Demitri told her. "The one that wins will get whatever they want."

"But why wouldn't...Raiden wants me," Kailani said with realization. Demitri gave a slow nod. Kailani looked away for a moment and then back at Demitri. "What is our best chances?"

"Marius or....you," he replied. "If you take the skeptrum then you're safe from anyone and everyone. If Marius wins and I help him..."

"Me."

"He won't come between us," Demitri told her. "I don't want you to think I see you as something to be bartered over. That's why I didn't want to answer you."Kailani nodded. "I won't help him if you don't want me to Kai."

"What about Ares?" Kailani asked. "He's the God of War. I'm not sure him becoming the most powerful would be a good thing."

"A Demigod or Demigoddess must retrieve the skeptrum but it is the individual's choice as to who they give the skeptrum to," Demitri informed her.

"Wait so Marius doesn't have to give the skeptrum immediately to his father?" Kailani asked.

"No. Most assume they will but it is not guaranteed," Demitri replied. Kailani fell silent as she thought for a moment. "What are you thinking?" Artemis' son asked her.