This could be bad

Chapter 22

(This could be bad)

Willem entered his private chambers and gently laid Kailani down on his charcoal gray and black satin comforter that covered his bed. A frown crossed his face at the memory of Poseidon’s daughter trying to break the hold he’d had on her. It had made it necessary to render the girl unconscious.

As his eyes drank in the site of the blonde woman on his bed his frown quickly vanished as it was replaced by a pleased smile. He’d succeeded and Raiden, Ramiero, and Marius had failed. They had been so focused on fighting each other they hadn’t even noticed him until it was too late. The son of Hades had the upper hand now.

“Here.” Willem looked to see Lerato standing there holding a chain. “She’ll run if you don’t.”

“I don’t want to chain her,” Willem said looking at the chain with disgust. “Besides I don’t need it.”

“How do you plan to control her?” Sorley inquired. “Poseidon’s daughter is a fighter.”

“We have Ford,” Willem replied. “Kailani will behave for his sake,” he added sounding every bit as confident as he felt. “Lock the door but the chain isn’t necessary.” No one argued and the small group left the room leaving the water demigoddess to sleep; locking the door behind them.

**

Demitri opened his eyes to find himself chained to a wall. He looked around his dimly lit surroundings but had no idea where he was. There was nothing to give him even the smallest of clues as to where he was.

“Finally decided to wake up, have you.”

The son of Artemis was more than a little surprised at who stepped out of the shadows and into the dim lit area. “Dana?”

“Surprised?” The blonde woman replied.

“Very,” Demitri admitted. He’d never had any problems with Dana and didn’t know who she had given her allegiance to. Looking around he knew it wasn’t Raiden though. “Who is it you sided with? Who took me?”

“Ciro.” The woman watched with amusement as the forest demigod’s eyes blinked in confusion. “All of you were so focused on your parents you forgot to consider who else might want part of this battle.”

“I don’t want any part of it and neither does Kailani,” The green eyed demigod replied.

“No but we need Kailani. Everyone does.” Demitri watched as the red haired man made his presence known.

“Why? Just leave us out of it,” Artemis son said.

“Can’t,” Lorcan informed him. “Love to but can’t.”