Jewel of Loch Ness 30

Chapter 30

(Jewel of Loch Ness)

Raiden scanned the area looking for signs of Kailani. He didn't need to look to know Demetri would be doing the same. A sigh escaped him as he looked out to find the lake and shore were covered in a low fog.

"Is this natural?" Justine asked.

"I don't think so," Narissa said. She looked at Demitri and then Raiden and started toward the water.

"Narissa," Demitri said with concern.

"If she's in the water I'll know," She told him. "I have to try." Demitri took out his bow and prepared for what they might encounter. Armed he walked with her towards the water.

"Wait," Raiden said. They stopped and looked at him. "I might be able to clear the fog or at least lessen it."

"Since when?" Justine asked.

Raiden ignored her and concentrating he rose his hand to the lake and began to try and dissipate the fog. When that didn't work he tried to raise the fog. Neither worked. "I don't understand," Raiden said frustrated. "I've done this several times and have always been successful."

"Maybe someone else is using their powers against yours," Justine suggested.

"Maybe but it could also be where we are," Illithia stated. "Lock Ness Lake has been surrounded in mystery for centuries. It has a history of having sudden coverings of mist. Usually...." Illithia's voice trailed off.

"Usually what?" Raiden asked.

"Usually it is in line with Nessie sightings," She hesitantly admitted.

"Nessie....wait the Lock Ness Monster!" Justine said shocked. "You mean it exists!"

"I don't know," Illithia said and looked at Demetri and Serenity. "Does it?" Zeus' daughter asked the son and daughter of Artemis.

The two looked at each other clearly unaware. "Well if it does I think you have the better chance of it coming to you," Serenity remarked.

"Sure you want it to?" Justine asked. "I don't know about you but I don't want to face some big monster that might decide it's hungry!"

"No one has reported it trying to eat them," Illithia assured Athena's daughter.

"Try," Raiden said looking at his competition. "See if it'll come to you."

Demitri was not thrilled by the request but nodded. "If it's underwater there's not much I can do. I might not be able to reach the creature." Raiden gave a simple nod and Demitri walked to the edge of the water. He closed his eyes and felt for what creatures were I the area. Hearing a splash he opened his eyes to see an Otter.

A smile instantly covered his face. "Hello," Demitri said and knelt down closer to the creature. "is...." Before Demitri could even answer the Otter began revealing information to the son of Artemis. "Thank you my friend," he told the otter and watched it disappear back beneath the water.

"Demitri?" Justine said. "Please tell me a monster isn't about to pop up."

"It's not," Demitri said. "It seems Nessie is with Kailani," he added a moment later. "No one can reach Kailani."

"Narissa?" Raiden said.

"We can't," Tallulah informed him. "It's too cold. I don't know how Kailani can stand it." Zeus' son looked to see Narissa nod in agreement.

"We're stuck here till she surfaces?" Justine asked.

"Not alone," Serenity said and pointed off to the right. There they found Marius standing by the waters' edge waiting. As if sensing eyes Marius turned and both groups looked at each other.